Seriously No Politics ×

Margaret Barker at BYU Nov 9

From the e-mail announcement:

she will deliver a public lecture on theosis entitled "The Lord Is One" in the Varsity Theatre, in the Wilkinson Student Center at Brigham Young University, at 4:00 pm, Wednesday, November 9.

Following her presentation, there will be time for responses from Andrew Skinner, Daniel Peterson, and David Larsen, followed by questions on the topic of deification and other temple studies subjects.

Please feel welcome and invited to join us for this event sponsored by BYU Studies and the Academy for Temple Studies. Admission is free. Visitor parking is conveniently available at the Museum of Art or in the lot east of the WSC.

Always fascinating.

Kevin Christensen

Bethel Park, PA

6 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

She will also be delivering a lecture at USU the next day called “Teaching Religion, Living Religion:  Religion in a Secular Age in the Academy.” Room 101, Merrill-Cazier Library, Utah State University, Logan, 11:00 am-1:00 pm, Thursday, November 10.

That one sounds even more interesting to me.  Alas, the distance.  I know it well.

Kevin Christensen

I have no clue if I can be functional at that day, but at least probabilty has gone way up in every other area save being bright eyed before noon and that isn't a problem here.  Tailbone is healed enough to sit with a cushion and my errands get done at that time.  Barring unforseen events, it is on my calendar.  Who is planning on going?

Edited by Calm

Is the Museum open for free to wander around in?  I want to check it out as an excursion for Mom, see if too much for here or convenient to break into bite size pieces.

Add-on, looks great;even has wheelchairs available for when she gets tired (which given the amount of walking she is doing will be by the time we get to the door.

Edited by Calm
28 minutes ago, Calm said:

Is the Museum open for free to wander around in?  I want to check it out as an excursion for Mom, see if too much for here or convenient to break into bite size pieces.

Parking and general admission for the BYU Museum of Art (MOA) is free, but some special exhibitions and academic symposia may require a paid ticket. Click here http://moa.byu.edu/parking-and-directions/  for more information about parking and driving directions.

GENERAL MUSEUM & MUSEUM STORE HOURS

Monday – Tuesday
Wednesday – Friday
Saturday
Sunday

10 AM – 6 PM
10 AM – 9 PM
10 AM – 6 PM
Closed

Thanks, Robert, though I got so excited about the idea I called to ask for slow times and if they had wheelchairs...so we are all set just waiting for her to want to go.  There is the wedding of my niece on the 19th and she gets into her mind that she can't do anything else but prepare for that which means staying home and hopefully eating right and exercising (personally I think a slowly increasing exposure to crowds should be part of it.  She doesn't retain much when overwhelmed by stimuli, I must remember to take pictures of who she talks to (she has taken a dislike to some relatives for "dropping her" when the reality is she changed her phones and haven't called them at all since.

This thread will serve as a good reminder of what I need to do in the next week and Baker will be the carrot I wave in front of me to keep myself from being too eaily distracted. :)

Edited by Calm