Sign in to follow this  
bsjkki

Mormons getting praise from liberals...

On 10/18/2016 at 6:48 PM, strappinglad said:

In essence the article says that EVs didn't vote for Romney because he is a Mormon, but they will hold their collective noses and vote for Trump even if he is one letter short of  a Mormon.

That is correct--a lying, immoral jerk (which covers both candidates) is preferable to one of those Mormons.

On 10/23/2016 at 6:58 PM, bsjkki said:

I agree with you.  If it has to be between Hillary and Trump, I choose Trump.  

Thank you.

On 10/29/2016 at 10:59 AM, Jeanne said:

Thank you.

Jeanne, I hope this doesn't hurt our friendship ;), but I was wondering what sources condemn Clinton over Trump, I just can't stand that guy. It's either Hillary or Evan McMullin unless you convince me otherwise. Only if you feel like it or have the time. I guess I thought you were a Democrat. I've always been a Republican, except for a few instances. Now I tend to lean toward Democrat, weird how I've almost done a 180.

40 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Jeanne, I hope this doesn't hurt our friendship ;), but I was wondering what sources condemn Clinton over Trump, I just can't stand that guy. It's either Hillary or Evan McMullin unless you convince me otherwise. Only if you feel like it or have the time. I guess I thought you were a Democrat. I've always been a Republican, except for a few instances. Now I tend to lean toward Democrat, weird how I've almost done a 180.

Nothing....NOTHING!  Would ever hurt our friendship....especially this crazy election.  Yeah..I have always been democrat and I voted for Bill Clinton.  That being said, I won;t reply here but perhaps PM you tomorrow   I don't like Trump...picking the lesser of two evils seems how most of the nation is voting.  I will be in touch.  Hugs..Jeanne

6 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

Nothing....NOTHING!  Would ever hurt our friendship....especially this crazy election.  Yeah..I have always been democrat and I voted for Bill Clinton.  That being said, I won;t reply here but perhaps PM you tomorrow   I don't like Trump...picking the lesser of two evils seems how most of the nation is voting.  I will be in touch.  Hugs..Jeanne

You too Jeanne, my wink emoji didn't show, so I know it wouldn't hurt our friendship. Thanks for the time you may put forth. I'm kind of slow on the uptake, and for my age you'd think I'd know more. :)

1 hour ago, Jeanne said:

1 hour ago, Tacenda said:

You too Jeanne, my wink emoji didn't show, so I know it wouldn't hurt our friendship. Thanks for the time you may put forth. I'm kind of slow on the uptake, and for my age you'd think I'd know more. :)

You two inspire me!  I have many friends from all political perspectives and friendship should transcend politics in this election season. There are good arguments from all perspectives. 

On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 5:28 PM, The Nehor said:

I just wish we could get the stupid thing over with. Longest election season ever.

I wish I lived here:

http://www.theonion.com/article/anthropologists-discover-isolated-tribe-joyful-ame-54547

"At press time, sources confirmed a campaign bus could be seen winding its way down a wooded road toward the village."

:D

On 10/17/2016 at 3:57 PM, halconero said:

The best way to fight the Gadianton Robbers is let mother Brittania accept you into her embrace once again, bow the knee to Her Majesty Elizabeth II Dei Gratia Regina, and accept the guiding hand of her representative, Justin Pierre James Trudeau, in these British North American colonies. Then she'll send in the Red Coats and all this talk of Robbers will be a thing of the past. You even get to keep the Red, White and Blue in your flag.

And we'd only have to change the words of "My Country 'Tis of Thee" to "God Save the Queen."  Same tune, and it accords with Article of Faith #12.

On 10/17/2016 at 3:12 PM, bsjkki said:

This article has hit my facebook feed today.  This version from Lds Living http://www.ldsliving.com/Why-the-Huff-Post-Said-Evangelicals-Should-Take-a-Lesson-from-Mormons/s/83467 and this one from LDS Daily http://www.ldsdaily.com/world/huffington-post-mormons-consciences-put-white-evangelicals-shame/.  They are both quoting from the Huffington Posts article.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mormons-consciences-have-put-white-evangelicals-to_us_5802d33de4b0985f6d15724c

My take is the author is just playing the Mormon vote.  It is in the best interest of a liberal democrat to have Utah vote 3rd party.  His condescension for evangelicals in this article is not something I would ever want to be associated with.  The article is a complete Trump hit piece because anyone who has studied this race would admit there is no moral high ground in this election.  He throws evangelicals under the bus for making a hard decision between two people with obvious character failings.  I'm disappointed with the editorial boards of both websites for associating with such a derogatory hit piece. I see past the propaganda and see Mormons being played...again.  

One question for all.  Is Wikileaks and Project Veritas moral or immoral to expose the behind the scenes corruption in our political system? Isn't that the best way to fight Gadianton Robbers? 

Have you considered opting for Evan McMullin?:  He at least stands on principle and vehemently attacks the corruption out there.

On 10/17/2016 at 3:12 PM, bsjkki said:

This article has hit my facebook feed today.  This version from Lds Living http://www.ldsliving.com/Why-the-Huff-Post-Said-Evangelicals-Should-Take-a-Lesson-from-Mormons/s/83467 and this one from LDS Daily http://www.ldsdaily.com/world/huffington-post-mormons-consciences-put-white-evangelicals-shame/.  They are both quoting from the Huffington Posts article.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mormons-consciences-have-put-white-evangelicals-to_us_5802d33de4b0985f6d15724c..................

The HuffPost piece is right on target about Trump and the Mormons.  There are no flaws in his presentation, which is remarkable given how often non-Mormons fail to get it right.  I  don't see what you are complaining about, bsjkki.  What's not to like?

42 minutes ago, VideoGameJunkie said:

I would have rather had President Romney 4 years ago than President Trump.

I think America should have realized that it just was not ready for a new President right away and should have stayed single for a while to work out its issues first rather then jumping into a dangerous rebound relationship.

3 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I think America should have realized that it just was not ready for a new President right away and should have stayed single for a while to work out its issues first rather then jumping into a dangerous rebound relationship.

Ya. I still think Romney is the relationship that got away.

I disagreed with Romney on many of his political idea's. His religion not so much. That being said the next four years are going to be Chinese interesting, a curse to live in. :o

10 hours ago, thesometimesaint said:

I disagreed with Romney on many of his political idea's. His religion not so much. That being said the next four years are going to be Chinese interesting, a curse to live in. :o

He is already backing down on his stupid wall, deportation, repealing ACA, and prosecuting Clinton. LIAR! KEEP YOUR ELECTION PROMISES!

Oh wait? Is this one of those times I should be glad he was lying. ;) 

7 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

He is already backing down on his stupid wall, deportation, repealing ACA, and prosecuting Clinton. LIAR! KEEP YOUR ELECTION PROMISES!

Did you ever hear the saying, 'Democrats didn't take Trump seriously but they did take him literally and that conservatives took Trump seriously but not literally.' Trump is not a true conservative. This is going to be interesting. 

Mormon tidbit in this NationalReview article. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442155/donald-trump-executive-power-left-loves-constitutional-checks-balances-again. "Par for the course, I suppose: We all remember how the Mormons rioted after 2012. Things grew so lawless that a car was spotted double-parked on a Sunday morning across from a church in Provo, and several young men were spotted nearby with their ties slightly askew."

Just now, bsjkki said:

Mormon tidbit in this NationalReview article. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442155/donald-trump-executive-power-left-loves-constitutional-checks-balances-again. "Par for the course, I suppose: We all remember how the Mormons rioted after 2012. Things grew so lawless that a car was spotted double-parked on a Sunday morning across from a church in Provo, and several young men were spotted nearby with their ties slightly askew."

Can we ask Obama to pardon the double parker before he leaves office? Ten years seems a little excessive to me.

19 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

No he hasn't, in fact he doubled down on them. 

8 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

Did you ever hear the saying, 'Democrats didn't take Trump seriously but they did take him literally and that conservatives took Trump seriously but not literally.' Trump is not a true conservative. This is going to be interesting. 

I'm not a Democrat. I take him at his word. When someone repeatedly shows you what he is; BELIEVE HIM. That is a "No True Scotsman" Argument.

SEE http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/No_True_Scotsman

Full transcript of 60 Minutes interview with Trump. Read it and see where/if Trump is walking back campaign promises. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-donald-trump-family-melania-ivanka-lesley-stahl/. The biggest fallacy spread about Trump is that he is homophobic. Trump has supported Gay rights in the debates and in his acceptance speech at the convention. He views gay marriage as settled law.

Sign in to follow this