Jump to content
canard78

Deseret News calls on Trump to resign his candidacy

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, JLHPROF said:

Good for you.
I agree with the scripture that says shedding of innocent blood is an unforgivable sin.

The OT appears to offer a possibility that abortion is not viewed as unforgivable.  See the Law of Moses requirements for those causing a woman to miscarry.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

What makes this difficult is when a letter from the first presidency, is read in church yesterday and encourages/admonishes us to participate in the process by voting.

What do we do if we're not sure of either one? I'm all for voting anyone now that doesn't have a past/character like the two candidates. 

Or maybe I'm a bit up in the air about voting Hillary, Jeanne might need to fill me in on why I shouldn't.

Then do a write in.  While that won't count towards this election, if more people do those than stay home, perhaps the parties will work harder at getting someone voters want (they can ignore those who stay home if they want by claiming they wouldn't have voted anyway).  It may be wishful, but it is something you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, thesometimesaint said:

All it takes for evil to succeed is for good man/women to do nothing. Only one of two people will become the next President of the US(Trump or Clinton). Voting for any third party candidate is as effective as voting for Mickey Mouse. I'm no fan of Hilary, but the very thought of a Trump Presidency turns my stomach, and scares the bejesus out of me.

Mormon chose to withdraw from his people's leadership when his only choice was to participate in evil or withdraw and serve as a witness.  I think write in might serve as a modern equivalent to this situation (though in no way am I suggesting it is anywhere close).

Ether withdrew as well.  I think there are several examples of such in the scriptures iirc.

Edited by Calm

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Calm said:

Then do a write in.  While that won't count towards this election, if more people do those than stay home, perhaps the parties will work harder at getting someone voters want (they can ignore those who stay home if they want by claiming they wouldn't have voted anyway).  It may be wishful, but it is something you can do.

Not likely, and not legally binding in any event. Stay home at your own peril.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Gray said:

I think Trump's transgressions are not the garden variety low level corruption of almost every president and presidential candidate of the last couple of generations. Yes, Hillary is corrupt, just like her husband, just like the Bushes and the Reagans. But Trump has sunk to a new low.

Coverup of rape seems outside of the typical corruption level, but maybe I am naive.

Trump...I am more concerned with his stability than his corruption as president, though if he was stable, his corruption would be more than enough to reject him as a candidate or anything else for that matter (except if he wakes up and tries to change for a better man).

Edited by Calm

Share this post


Link to post

Trump made these commits ten years ago when he was a Democrat, now that he is a Republican he knows better.   

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Calm said:

Coverup of rape seems outside of the typical corruption level, but maybe I am naive.

If those allegations are true, yes. But as far as I know nothing has been confirmed

16 minutes ago, Calm said:

Trump...I am more concerned with his stability than his corruption as president, though if he was stable, his corruption would be more than enough to reject him as a candidate or anything else for that matter (except if he wakes up and tries to change for a better man).

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Gray said:

If those allegations are true, yes. But as far as I know nothing has been confirmed

Agreed!

Confirming rape and sexual assault allegations is incredibly difficult.  This is why rape reporting is so incredibly low.  The fact that he has so many accusers and is an admitted adulterer many times over, should give these victims the benefit of the doubt. Plus, the fact these victims are being very public after decades knowing they will be disparaged is telling.  I find liberals who say Trump is worse are being hypocritical.  Liberals are generally the ones who side with rape and sexual assault victims and champion for them.  The fact that they ridicule and minimize for Bill and Hillary in these cases is unprincipled. They both should step down and give the nation better options. They are contributing to rape culture.  It's like the local football team players who are accused of rape and the town turns on the victims.  Reprehensible.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

Confirming rape and sexual assault allegations is incredibly difficult.  This is why rape reporting is so incredibly low.  The fact that he has so many accusers and is an admitted adulterer many times over, should give these victims the benefit of the doubt. Plus, the fact these victims are being very public after decades knowing they will be disparaged is telling.  I find liberals who say Trump is worse are being hypocritical.  Liberals are generally the ones who side with rape and sexual assault victims and champion for them.  The fact that they ridicule and minimize for Bill and Hillary in these cases is unprincipled. They both should step down and give the nation better options. They are contributing to rape culture.  It's like the local football team players who are accused of rape and the town turns on the victims.  Reprehensible.

Could be, but are you sure this information is coming from reputable sources? I'm not sure anyone is ridiculing alleged rape victims. Certainly not here. 

Don't mistake me for a Clinton apologist. I'm team Bernie. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, The Nehor said:

The American Dream. :( 

Vote for the person less likely to use our nuclear codes in a fit of pique. I said less likely, not that I trust either.

I did say I kind of hoped Trump and Sanders would win the nominations because it would make for an entertaining election. I got half my wish and he has exceeded my wildest expectations of him.

The saddest thing to me about the video (not the creepiest, just the saddest) is that I wasn't surprised and it didn't exceed my expectations. It was terrible to hear but I kinda expected it considering other things that I've heard from him in the press, what I've heard what he's stated about women in general, his overall narcissism and ego-trip that just so happens to be our political election, etc. Oh and his tendency toward exaggeration, straight up lying (even more than your usual political leader), and having the political know-how of a racist toddler. Not to mention his flippant bravado around nukes. Not to mention how he is already an international embarassment/disaster. Not to mention he might have the strong M.O. to lead to a personality-based authoritarian dictatorship. 

I may not agree politically with most of my fellow utah residents but I'm glad that most the state/LDS community I know have no urge to elect him, have been disgusted with him for a long time, and that our political leaders in this state are repudiating any support. 

I get the concern with Clinton, though I haven't seen enough evidence to indicate the worst claims that I find more in rumor are actually true. In a normal election it would probably be enough to vote for whoever else could viably beat her. But that's not my options and I used to say (a few months ago) that I would vote for Obama's pet dog if you put a tie on him before I would voted for Trump. My standard has lowered. I may become physically ill if he wins. It already makes me depressed that he's this close to being elected as it is. 

Voting for clinton reminds me of a scripture in Ether where there was a man who wasn't personally righteous but ruled well anyways. She's got some garbage but I doubt she'll royally screw up our nation.

 

With luv,

BD

 

Edited by BlueDreams

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BlueDreams said:

The saddest thing to me about the video (not the creepiest, just the saddest) is that I wasn't surprised and it didn't exceed my expectations. It was terrible to hear but I kinda expected it considering other things that I've heard from him in the press, what I've heard what he's stated about women in general, his overall narcissism and ego-trip that just so happens to be our political election, etc. Oh and his tendency toward exaggeration, straight up lying (even more than your usual political leader), and having the political know-how of a racist toddler. Not to mention his flippant bravado around nukes. Not to mention how he is already an international embarassment/disaster. Not to mention he might have the strong M.O. to lead to a personality-based authoritarian dictatorship. 

I may not agree politically with most of my fellow utah residents but I'm glad that most the state/LDS community I know have no urge to elect him, have been disgusted with him for a long time, and that our political leaders in this state are repudiating any support. 

I get the concern with Clinton, though I haven't seen enough evidence to indicate the worst claims that I find more in rumor are actually true. In a normal election it would probably be enough to vote for whoever else could viably beat her. But that's not my options and I used to say (a few months ago) that I would vote for Obama's pet dog if you put a tie on him before I would voted for Trump. My standard has lowered. I may become physically ill if he wins. It already makes me depressed that he's this close to being elected as it is. 

Voting for clinton reminds me of a scripture in Ether where there was a man who wasn't personally righteous but ruled well anyways. She's got some garbage but I doubt she'll royally screw up our nation.

 

With luv,

BD

 

Thank you!!!

For the longest time, I've felt bad about not minding Hillary since there is so many that hate her. I kept thinking what am I missing here, what don't I know that they know. I know you haven't endorsed her as being the best candidate, just the best candidate given the choices. Of course there is the libertarian vote, if it could happen and if the write in could possibly win. But with them, I wonder how qualified or experienced they are. 

But I'm with you I can't vote Trump, and will also be sick, and if he does win, I'd wish so much I could take my whole family to Nova Scotia! (They're giving out free land and offering jobs to get people to move there) As crazy as it sounds, I would do it.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I am voting for the person I think is least likely to cause the extinction of the human race.

So your voting for Trump then.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×