Sign in to follow this  
ALarson

Allegedly secret LDS Church documents leaked

9 hours ago, Tacenda said:

When I read this ..I was sickened.  I am going to let people know about this organization and try to help.  Still shaking my head. 

I can't remember where it was discussed and will try and find it later, but my understanding is the Church had to pull out of bringing in lots of supplies to take care of all these families because they were upsetting the local economies and were causing more problems for these people by doing so.  Charity is a complicated business with a great deal of unintended consequences attached because each community is unique and foundations need to be laid first or the whole economic structure comes tumbling down when it gets too much weight added to it without support.  Money is not really the issue, from what Sharon Eubank stated a couple of years ago, it is finding the right people in the right place to get the work done in the right way so it helps, not hurts by closing down local businesses, increasing corruption, creating a community dependent on handouts, etc.. So now the Church looks for ways to create self sustaining community progress such as clean water and power projects, keeping the kids alive through vaccinations, giving them eyesight by preventing blindness, bringing in wheelchairs, etc.

One of the commenters made this statement "GAs are now possibly prohibited/discouraged from keeping a personal journal. "

Anyone know if there is any truth to that?  I'd like to think it's just a stupid troll rumor.

1 hour ago, JLHPROF said:

One of the commenters made this statement "GAs are now possibly prohibited/discouraged from keeping a personal journal. "

Anyone know if there is any truth to that?  I'd like to think it's just a stupid troll rumor.

I think that came from Hans Mattson (iirc).  There was a thread about it (again, going from memory here) over on reddit where others reported hearing the same thing from other leaders. But as far as I know, Mattson is the only one with first hand knowledge regarding what he stated.

Edited by ALarson

So whats the deal with this guy? who is he? whats his beef with the Church? 

the article didn't say and outside of Utah, this isn't news.

Edited by mnn727

53 minutes ago, mnn727 said:

So whats the deal with this guy? who is he? whats his beef with the Church? 

He hasn't revealed who he is (at least not over on reddit).  Some feel he may be a disgruntled church employee (or past employee) or some believe he hacked in to get some of the church documents.  He's supposed to be now working with someone who is helping him release thousands of documents, but who knows?  He sound pretty unhinged if you read his one personal note.

53 minutes ago, mnn727 said:

the article didn't say and outside of Utah, this isn't news.

Which article are you referring to?  He's downloaded over 50 documents, are you referencing one of those?

Edited by ALarson

On 9/23/2016 at 3:59 PM, Calm said:

He said he released them in order to get contributions as he couldn't get a job, right?

+++Speculation alert++++++  

This individual was "ruined" by the church because, as a church employee, he may have been fired for cause.  Naturally he  "couldn't get a job" because he could not get references.  Also, a person fired for cause would be ineligible for unemployment insurance.

This fits his sudden loss of income and bitterness against the church.

+++++Speculation alert++++++++

Edited by cdowis

16 hours ago, strappinglad said:

Does anyone else see the malevolent hand of Assange in this document dump ? :ph34r:

It's Edward Snowden all over again!!! Although this guy will probably have a more Mormony sounding name "J. Lorenzo Smith"

6 hours ago, ALarson said:

Which article are you referring to?  He's downloaded over 50 documents, are you referencing one of those?

The one you linked to in the OP, I am guessing, from Fox

Sign in to follow this