Seriously No Politics ×

Your Herbal Tea Might Be Killing You

On 6/15/2016 at 4:03 PM, Doctor Steuss said:

Perhaps "hot drinks" should've meant just that... drinks that are hot.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/health/coffee-tea-hot-drinks-cancer-risk/index.html

I personally always let my coffee cool down (don't worry, it's for medicinal purposes).  Same with herbal tea, and hot chocolate.  Come to think of it... I don't even like my soup really hot. 

Are you jealous for my sake...., and all that jazz.

I agree with you and I've heard this taught before by a BYU professor (can't remember which one or talk's name) but the message was that 'hot drinks' does not just refer to beverages like tea and coffee but to the temperature as well - apparently we were not meant to drink anything that is hot and the WHO warns that temperature hot drinks can cause cancer. Although, almost anything causes cancer these days. 

Edited by Maedros
spelling correction
23 hours ago, thesometimesaint said:

Later prophets have specifically rejected wine as included in the WoW.

Oh, I see. 

Well, I suppose you have to pick which prophets you think are most inspired on this issue, then. 

The temperature we are here is 150 degrees.  This isn't just hot liquid this is scalding hot.  At this temperature most adults skin will suffer third-degree burns if exposed to 150 degree water for 1.5 to 2 seconds.  Obviously the inside of your mouth would be even more sensitive.  

2 hours ago, thesometimesaint said:

I have made covenants not to. Though I fully expect that when Christ returns I will again drink it. A dry white wine works for me. ;)

:PMargaritas people..margaritas..just a pinch of salt and a nice lime.