Seriously No Politics ×

Elder Ballard sees possibility of Church growth in Russia

10 hours ago, The Nehor said:

And if people followed their idealistic philosophies completely that would mean something. Sadly it doesn't.

people can follow their own philosophies like Liberty, avoid unnecessary wars, freedom of speech.  Humanists feel strongly about all of that. I am not saying all humanists are perfect, but they seem to be better than others groups of people. 

Anyways, my original point was that Atheists/Agnostics as a group have a greater respect for Science than Theists. 

Most philosophies are opposed to persecution and dictators. It has not solved the problem.

So does the USA have dictators? So people that are strongly against persecution, persecute? 

What wars are unnecessary is a judgement call with imperfect information. The idea that secular humanism will have some profound insight to always choose correctly on limited information is dubious at best.

There was enough information to conclude the Iraq War was unnecessary, that is why Sanders and most progressives were against it. 

Humans will magically reach consensus and it will definitely match that this poster on this message board. Do you think this through at all?

What is wrong with you? Why are you misrepresenting me like that? 

You first told me "Christian principles speak against war too." Then I replied by saying "That is your interpretation of Christianity " Then you said, " Humans will magically reach consensus and it will definitely match that this poster on this message board." 

And of course you think the way you do because secular humanism means everything to you.

It doesn't, I am Agnostic. 

So would a nation of pink unicorns.

What? Tranhumanists believe humans can become Gods. 

Edited by TheSkepticChristian
24 minutes ago, TheSkepticChristian said:

people can follow their own philosophies like Liberty, avoid unnecessary wars, freedom of speech.  Humanists feel strongly about all of that. I am not saying all humanists are perfect, but they seem to be better than others groups of people. 

Well, enjoy your inherent superiority. I am done here.

Just now, TheSkepticChristian said:

Good! Next time please try to understand what I am saying. I never said humanists are superior than you, I said they "seem to be better" than others groups.  

I wasn't saying you were inherently superior to me but that your group is inherently superior which is what being "better" means.

So this group is better then others but not actually superior to them/me?

And you claim I am not comprehending?

Take two of being down with this thread.

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I wasn't saying you were inherently superior to me but that your group is inherently superior which is what being "better" means.

So this group is better then others but not actually superior to them/me?

I said "seems". I am not arrogant, I am not 100% convinced. 

Bytheway, do you believe LDS doctrine is better than Agnosticism? 

On June 10, 2016 at 1:47 AM, TheSkepticChristian said:

Or simply avoiding alcohol abuse could be lifesaving for many, no need to entirely stop drinking alcohol. Overall life-expectancy in Spain is 83 yrs (which is higher than Utah).  I assume that life expectancy in Spain is much higher for moderate drinkers. Spain, France, Italy, Iceland have higher life-expectancy than Utah. 

I seen no evidence that Mormons who strictly follow WoW live longer than moderate drinkers (non-addicts).  and please, I am not saying that moderate drinkers live longer than 

You are responding to something that has not been said, there are explanations below due to this post. Why are you jumping the gun? No one was comparing life how long people live in Utah. I am not even sure if Mormons still outnumber no -members anymore. Or is the goal to suggest that the LDS Faith does nothing for anyone and makes no one happy?