Seriously No Politics ×

What is Biblical Christianity...

pseudogratix

As did the critics of the Original N.T Apostles by way of the Pharisees, Sadducees, Zelots ext... . As the scripture states There Is nothing new under the sun. Same polemics against the LORDs Annointed, just a different time period.

Just because someone "produces scripture" means nothing unless it holds up under scrutiny and I do not find the books that Joseph Smith translated to be credible, nor does anyone else that is not Mormon

Just because someone "produces scripture" means nothing unless it holds up under scrutiny and I do not find the books that Joseph Smith translated to be credible, nor does anyone else that is not Mormon

Once again same criticism of the anchient LORDs Annointed by there same critics I listed above, NOOOO Difference. Don't you find it odd that you are making the exact same claims against us as the anchient critics did of THE LORD OF LIFE and His Annointed Servants ?, I don't find it odd at all. Thanks for bolstering my Faith even higher, Peace.

Well, I believe it makes clear the fact that it preaches a certain gospel and that there will be people who try to preach another gospel. Therfore, the only way to be sure you have the correct gospel is to check to see if what people say is consistent with what has already been revealed.

But who revealed the meaning of Christ's Gospel? There are so many literal vs. non-literal interpretations to have the Bible conform to itself. Even among traditional Christians, not to mention the ECF. How do you know which are the correct ones?

Paul taught many of the early teachings were already being corrupted by church leaders in many different locations. Most of the recorded traditional meanings that we read in today's English came many generations later and through many language translations.

Don't you find it odd that Joseph Smith fits the Biblical description of a false prophet:

2 Peter 2:1-3

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them

I was baptized Methodest as an Infant, Fundamentalist Independant Baptist as a young teenager, LDS in sophmore year in High School 1975. I attend Calvery Chapels, First Baptist Churches when time permits outside my LDS Faith/Worship.

I fellowship at a home church

By home church, I mean that we meet in an actual house. Here's the site for it:

www.quest.nu

Don't you find it odd that Joseph Smith fits the Biblical description of a false prophet:

2 Peter 2:1-3

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them

Speaking of English . . . KJE sure is a lot easier than early English. :P

1st Ed. King James (1611): "For God so loued the world, that he gaue his only begotten Sonne: that whosoeuer beleeueth in him, should not perish, but haue euerlasting life."

Rheims (1582): "For so God loued the vvorld, that he gaue his only-begotten sonne: that euery one that beleeueth in him, perish not, but may haue life euerlasting"

Geneva (1557): "For God so loueth the world, that he hath geuen his only begotten Sonne: that none that beleue in him, should peryshe, but haue euerlasting lyfe."

Great Bible (1539): "For God so loued the worlde, that he gaue his only begotten sonne, that whosoeuer beleueth in him, shulde not perisshe, but haue euerlasting lyfe."

Tyndale (1534): "For God so loveth the worlde, that he hath geven his only sonne, that none that beleve in him, shuld perisshe: but shuld have everlastinge lyfe."

Wycliff (1380): "for god loued so the world; that he gaf his oon bigetun sone, that eche man that bileueth in him perisch not: but haue euerlastynge liif,"

Anglo-Saxon (995): "God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

http://www.williamtyndale.com/0biblehistory.htm

Speaking of English . . . KJE sure is a lot easier than early English. :P

1st Ed. King James (1611): "For God so loued the world, that he gaue his only begotten Sonne: that whosoeuer beleeueth in him, should not perish, but haue euerlasting life."

Rheims (1582): "For so God loued the vvorld, that he gaue his only-begotten sonne: that euery one that beleeueth in him, perish not, but may haue life euerlasting"

Geneva (1557): "For God so loueth the world, that he hath geuen his only begotten Sonne: that none that beleue in him, should peryshe, but haue euerlasting lyfe."

Great Bible (1539): "For God so loued the worlde, that he gaue his only begotten sonne, that whosoeuer beleueth in him, shulde not perisshe, but haue euerlasting lyfe."

Tyndale (1534): "For God so loveth the worlde, that he hath geven his only sonne, that none that beleve in him, shuld perisshe: but shuld have everlastinge lyfe."

Wycliff (1380): "for god loued so the world; that he gaf his oon bigetun sone, that eche man that bileueth in him perisch not: but haue euerlastynge liif,"

Anglo-Saxon (995): "God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

http://www.williamtyndale.com/0biblehistory.htm

1dc, AMEN BROTHER !!!.

I believe that Peter was speaking about people like Joseph Smith, Brigham Young and other Mormon prophets. To be fair, I believe these verses apply to other non-LDS false prophets as well. Here's other verses that also apply:

2 Timothy 4: 3-4

"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."

Yes it is a non-denominational house church.

By home church, I mean that we meet in an actual house. Here's the site for it:

www.quest.nu

Not saying your Church is as such but around these parts there have found to have some non christian social cultuic activity in some of these "House Churches".

No, not at all like the Joseph in Genesis...

Well guys, I need to hit the hay. Have a pleasant evening.

Archived