Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Please review the updated board guidelines before posting: http://www.mormondia...tion=boardrules
GUIDELINES FOR THE MORMON DIALOGUE AND DISCUSSION BOARD
BEFORE POSTING: read everything below. You to follow these guidelines when you register. Failing to follow board guidelines will lead to suspension, limited posting ability, or permanent banning.
THE PURPOSE OF MORMON DIALOGUE AND DISCUSSION: People of all faiths are welcome to engage in substantive and civil discussion about topics related to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Mormonism in general.
BE RESPECTFUL OF
• Moderators and honor their decisions: don’t argue their decisions in posts or private messages.
• Each other: use common sense and courtesy.
BANNED BEHAVIORS include but are not limited to:
• Spamming or advertising products, publications, or websites
• Profanity and vulgarity including offensive avatars or signatures
• Insulting language, or statements meant to do nothing more than provoke others
• Personal attacks or squabbles (dispute opinions not persons)
• Mocking the beliefs of others
• Telling others how to behave or “net nannying” (Instead report objectionable content)
• Derailing threads with irrelevant or unwanted commentary
• Violating standard rules of debate such as extreme comparisons and hyperbole
• Refusing to provide appropriate references to support your statements
• Spreading malicious gossip
• Engaging in board wars by bringing other boards content here or vice versa
• Badgering a participant for an answer that has already been given
• Judging others worthiness, questioning sincerity, mind reading or psychoanalyzing
• Pretending to be someone you aren't, or faking membership in a religion to fool others
• Posting personal or identifying information about others
• Altering members quotes on the board
• Quoting members in your signature without obtaining their permission
• Posting copyrighted material or passing off other’s materials as your own
• Creating another user name (sock puppet) to get around suspension or banning
• Contacting anyone who doesn't want to be contacted
BANNED TOPICS include but are not limited to:
• Proselyting, witnessing or other one sided posts intended to preach not discuss
• Sensational or tabloid topics about public or private figures
• Repeated or multiple threads on the same topic (unless it is a unique sub-topic)
• Politics (unless directly related to the church)
• Sexually themed threads or discussions of sexual behavior of LDS leaders, past or present
• Making yourself the subject or personal crisis topics like:
• Why I Left the Church or de-conversion stories
• Suicide threats and threats of harm to self or others
• Personal faith crises or marriage crises discussions
(For help in a crises contact your local ecclesiastical leaders or a medical professional)
This is not a free speech board it is a civil speech board: We want participation from a diverse group of people. This means:
• Do not post sacred LDS temple content or links to LDS temple content
• Do not use offensive terms for things others hold sacred
• Do not belittle religious leaders or use demeaning nicknames (ex. Calling Joseph Smith "Joe")
• Libel is not tolerated and you may be held legally accountable
SOCIAL HALL AND CHAT ROOM
These areas are for friendly discussion only: If you use them to argue, you will lose your privileges.
For Security Purposes the moderation team can monitor personal messages and chat sessions: when reported, messages appear in a report folder. When necessary we can access all logs in our database of private exchanges.
Report a post or private message if it violates any of the above guidelines, or is in any way harassing.
• Do not use the reporting function to dispute an opinion or argue with moderation.
• You only need to report one post a single time. It calls our attention to the whole thread.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Exercise good judgment: Don't give out personal information or identifying information that could compromise your personal security.
Release for use: As a poster on Mormon Dialogue and Discussion you are granting us permission to use any material posted on this site whether it is multimedia or print and that you are the rightful owner of said material.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act: We respect your intellectual property, if you feel that this site is violating your copyrights please contact us (Board Administration) by using this LINK. We do not host physically host any images here with the exception of avatars. Make sure your image is hosted here and not linked to another venue before making a request. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512©, to be effective, the Notification must include the following:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be
removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address.
(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We hope this will be a positive and friendly atmosphere for everyone to discuss topics of interest. Thank you for registering.
These guidelines can be updated without notice.
The Moderation Team