Seriously No Politics ×

Moved Threads In The In The News Forum

Ares

The moderation team has moved all threads on the News Forum older than 6 months into the Library.  This is to protect the forum from spammers and trolls posting on old threads.

If you have a subject you would like reopened please post the request here or PM a moderator and we can make that change.

Happy posting!

Good move.

I'm wondering about the decision to merge so many current threads on gay marriage, apostasy, etc. At 289 pages (and growing) the merged thread has become pretty unwieldy and the affect has been to basically kill off discussion on many of the different (previously-unique) threads. If different threads really do relate to the same issue then I support the merger practice (example, two threads informing the board of the new policy). But many of these threads deserve their own separate discussion even though there may be some tangential overlap (example, the Bill Reel thread was really about his removal from FARMS).

We are not.  Consider this a holiday act of mercy.   :air_kiss:

I hereby promise that in my family's thanksgiving dinner prayer, I will utter the words "I give thanks for Ares the moderator." ... And my wife will yet again enter her state of cognitive dissonance as to whether I should be a presiding authority in the home.

Says the man with the screen name "Mars"? ;):D

Sorry; :unknw:  Couldn't resist! ;)

Who says that aliens from Mars can't be Christian???

I'll withhold judgment on whether Martians can be Christian or not.  Mars, himself, however, was a pagan god. ;)

• 3 months later...
On 11/24/2015 at 11:35 AM, Ares said:

We are not.  Consider this a holiday act of mercy.   :air_kiss:

If I could have given you a rep point, I would have!  Made me laugh!

• 6 years later...
On 11/25/2015 at 8:48 AM, Ares said:

The moderation team

.....is in charge of enforcing the word of wisdom, I guess?  ;)

No, I guess that would be the "Prohibition Team".

• 1 month later...