Sign in to follow this  
ksfisher

New Presiding Bishopric

I'm curious why the Presiding Bishopric is "announced" as opposed to being "sustained" at conference. They are considered General Authorities, right?

Is it just an issue of timing for this past conference and they'll be ratified at the next conference?

Maybe with putting the apostles back in place they didn't have time to get the presiding bishopric organized in time for conference.

I'm curious why the Presiding Bishopric is "announced" as opposed to being "sustained" at conference. They are considered General Authorities, right?

Is it just an issue of timing for this past conference and they'll be ratified at the next conference?

they'll be sustained next conference

I suspect that the calling of the previous Presiding Bishop to be in the Quorum of the Twelve was done in the last few days before conference, and in order to keep the new Q12 appointment as quiet as possible, the reorganization of the PB was deferred until afterwards.

I suspect that the calling of the previous Presiding Bishop to be in the Quorum of the Twelve was done in the last few days before conference, and in order to keep the new Q12 appointment as quiet as possible, the reorganization of the PB was deferred until afterwards.

That's a good point. They did something similar by announcing Elder Clayton taking the Senior President position after conference. Still seems a little strange. Were they afraid Causse or Clayton would spill the beans. Calls and releases are coordinated all the time in the church.

That's a good point. They did something similar by announcing Elder Clayton taking the Senior President position after conference. Still seems a little strange. Were they afraid Causse or Clayton would spill the beans. Calls and releases are coordinated all the time in the church.

Yes, but it is common practice in the Church to keep all calls and releases close until sustained. I don't think it is a trust issue, any more than requiring a password to sign into your bank is a trust issue. I mean, not specifically. I work in computers, and every user, no matter how well-intentioned, is a potential security threat. Lose lips sink ships. And all that.

Sign in to follow this