Seriously No Politics ×

...returned To Their Heavenly Home.

In President Monson's Sunday morning session he said something about the recently passing apostles returning to their heavenly home.

I thought about it for a moment thinking it was just a common phrase some pepple use to mean they are in a better place now, in paradise of the spirit world rather than heaven, but then I thought that maybe they were indeed already resurrected and had gone back to our heavenly home, where we all were before we were born here. Like Moroni was resurrected about 400 years after our Lord's resurrection, as well as some others who have already been resurrected.

I know that not everything President Monsoon says should be understood literally, allowing for figures of speech, but it was interesting to me that he said that the way he did in his Sunday morning conference address. the very first address of the day.

I also noticed how his energy kept gradually fading away and it seemed as though he was about to fall to the floor. Did anyone notice if he made it back to his seat okay?

I'd be interested in hearing what some other faithful members thought about what he said and the way he said it. Do you think maybe the apostles are resurrected sooner than most other people generally? Do you think he and the apostles will go to heaven soon after they die or do you think of them going to paradise, where at least most of us go until our Lord's return and we are then resurrected to meet him?

Someone posted on Facebook what happened at the end of his talk. Pres. Uchtdorf was sitting on the edge of his seat, arms out to catch him if he collapsed. The moment Pres. Monson said "amen", he was out of his seat to help him. I saw a couple of security guys too.

I wonder if President Monson gave instructions that no one was to help him unless absolutely necessary; I can't imagine any other reason we didn't have an Elder Wirthlen scenario.

I also noticed how his energy kept gradually fading away and it seemed as though he was about to fall to the floor. Did anyone notice if he made it back to his seat okay?

I'd be interested in hearing what some other faithful members thought about what he said and the way he said it. Do you think maybe the apostles are resurrected sooner than most other people generally? Do you think he and the apostles will go to heaven soon after they die or do you think of them going to paradise, where at least most of us go until our Lord's return and we are then resurrected to meet him?

Been wondering if anyone else noticed. They cut the camera's way back but you could still see people assisting him. I was half afraid they would be re-organizing the FP between sessions. He really looked bad near the end of his talk.

At the end of the morning session a Security person helped him out and before he got off the stand one of his daughters grabbed his other arm

I don't see why an apostle would be resurrected ahead of anyone else

"I don't see why" either and I also realize that I don't see a lot of things the way our Lord sees them, as much as I'd like to.

I think it's possible though and it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if our Lord wanted to give his apostles some blessings sooner than others get them, like resurrecting them and their wives sooner and allowing them to start having their own spirit children and another world to decorate and populate. Even if I'm still waiting to be resurrected and return to my heavenly home. I just hope that when I do get resurrected and return home that I will get all of the blessings they will get too.

Someone posted on Facebook what happened at the end of his talk. Pres. Uchtdorf was sitting on the edge of his seat, arms out to catch him if he collapsed. The moment Pres. Monson said "amen", he was out of his seat to help him. I saw a couple of security guys too.

I wonder if President Monson gave instructions that no one was to help him unless absolutely necessary; I can't imagine any other reason we didn't have an Elder Wirthlen scenario.

Thank you for that info. I didn't hear about that but thought something might have happened. It's nice to think of President Uchtdorf being poised and ready to do that. I don't think President Monson would have been bothered by any of the apostles wanting to help him but like most men he probably would rather have enough energy to do whatever he wants to do, which for him is serving the Lord in the best way he knows how. Edited by Ahab

I wonder if he was suffering from stomach pain. I'm not being disrespectful here, but thought I heard a gas bubble burst (don't laugh at my description) right before he started slumping. I have terrible stomach pain when nervous and probably a build up of gas. Maybe my ears were playing tricks on me though, I'll listen again.  ETA:  Start at 9:33 ish.  It was probably a sneeze in the audience.  I know dementia a little, my mother started getting it at the early age of 62.  I see signs of this at the end, very end, of Pres. Monson's talk.  He rose and has risen to the occasion on this and past conferences I'm thinking.  Just as my mom did when I took her to the dentist once during her disease.  She was carrying on a really coherent conversation and I was shocked to hear a difference than she had been with me a few moments earlier.  God bless Pres. Monson, and his family.  For awhile I've been thinking, nah he doesn't have it, how can he stand and give these very coherent conference talks.  But saw a moment at the very end that reminded me of mom.  :sad:    

Edited by Tacenda
The way I understand it God only causes the resurrection of people as He needs them to perform some task on earth. For example John the Baptist and Peter, James, and John were resurrected so they could lay their hands on Joseph Smith's and Oliver Cowdery's heads to bestow the Aaronic and Melchizedek priesthoods. Also the angel Moroni who gave the Gold plates to Joseph Smith was probably a resurrected being. There were saints who arose at the time Jesus was resurrected, perhaps to show the people that Jesus had indeed brought about the resurrection of the dead(Matt 27:52-53).

Some have wondered if Joseph Smith has been resurrected. In 1928 his grave was found the body was exhumed by the Reorganized Church and moved to the final resting place;, so at that time he had not yet been resurrected. When asked about this, Brigham Young said, "When Joseph is resurrected, you may find the linen that enshrouded his body, but you will not find his body in the grave." (Journal of Discourses 4:286)

President Joseph Fielding Smith said:

"It is the opinion of some that the resurrection is going on all the time now, but this is purely speculation without warrant in the scriptures. It is true that the Lord has power to call forth any person or persons from the dead, as he may desire, especially if they have a mission to perform which would require their resurrection. For example, we have the cases of Peter, James, and Moroni." (Doctrines of Salvation, 1954-1956)

Some have wondered if Joseph Smith has been resurrected. In 1928 his grave was found the body was exhumed by the Reorganized Church and moved to the final resting place;, so at that time he had not yet been resurrected. When asked about this, Brigham Young said, "When Joseph is resurrected, you may find the linen that enshrouded his body, but you will not find his body in the grave." (Journal of Discourses 4:286)

That does not make any sense to me, too many people are no longer even dust, just scattered atoms. According to Doctrine we get a perfected body when resurrected, not a recycled one.

Edited by mnn727

That does not make any sense to me, too many people are no longer even dust, just scattered atoms. According to Doctrine we get a perfected body when resurrected, not a recycled one.

I don't get how you think that statement is talking about recycling?

Been wondering if anyone else noticed. They cut the camera's way back but you could still see people assisting him. I was half afraid they would be re-organizing the FP between sessions. He really looked bad near the end of his talk.

At the end of the morning session a Security person helped him out and before he got off the stand one of his daughters grabbed his other arm

He seemed confused as well. It looks like he started to walk in the wrong direction after his talk and Pres Uchtdorf grabbed him and turned him back to go to his chair.

In the early 20th century, the LDS church sent a representative when RLDS was moving JS's body.    His body was still there.   Until I knew this, I'd thought that he would have been part of the First Resurrection upon his martyrdom, and that many if not all of the labor of righteous souls in paradise was by resurrected beings.   Now I think that there must be a specific time when the righteous in this dispensation are resurrected and judged and it probably isn't until at least the millenium.

If his body had been completely decomposed into the soil and plants around where he was buried, do you believe that would have been a sign he was resuurected or not?

At that point I would at least consider it as a possibility. My understanding is that the bones are the last to decompose so if I didn't see any bones I would begin to wonder.

From this quote "When Joseph is resurrected, you may find the linen that enshrouded his body, but you will not find his body in the grave"

No you won't find it in the grave because it, along with his spirit, has been resurrected  to an immortal state and is now with God; the same as Jesus' body was gone at at his resurrection and left the linen he was wrapped in still there in the tomb.

Sorry, I still don't get what the problem is. 

Also I've heard from past Mormons that if you're not resurrected to the top of the Celestial Kingdom in a Celestial marriage that you'll be castrated as there will be no need for your parts if you're not able to procreate. Any truth to that? Should I be shooting for exaltation so I can still be a man?

Those past Mormons were Morons.