Sign in to follow this  
Stone holm

Handing Ammunition To Anti's

He is being sarcastic.  The claim is that it was a safe choice...why would it be considered a safe choice?  He sees the person making the claim it was a safe choice as implying the majority of LDS are racist who would be offended or at least upset by the choice of nonwhite apostles.  If they wouldn't be upset, then there is nothing really that makes choosing three white men the safer choice in regards at least to the membership.

I am sure Ken does not belive it was either the safe choice or the membership would have been offended etc.

----

Given the amount of disappointment expressed, it seems to me that it was not a safe choice in regards to acceptance by others.

Oh good... sometimes I take people too seriously...  I should have gone with my confidence in Ken and realized he was not serious but being sarcastic...   

GG

Not sarcasm, exactly, but ... well ... close enough.  It works on a similar principle.

At the risk of offending those who believe that the Lord actually does (or at least, that He should) have an Affirmative Action plan, someone, who shall remain nameless, likes to call it "Demonstrating absurdity by being absurd."

Edited by Kenngo1969

Oh good... sometimes I take people too seriously...  I should have gone with my confidence in Ken and realized he was not serious but being sarcastic...   

GG

Rule #1: "When in doubt, never take me seriously!" ;):D

Sign in to follow this