Seriously No Politics ×

Boy Scouts Of America Poised To Lift Ban On Gay Leaders

JAHS

"The BSA executive committee has unanimously approved a resolution that would allow gay adult leaders and let individual Scout units set their own leadership policy."

"As a chartering organization, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has always had the right to select Scout leaders who adhere to moral and religious principles that are consistent with our doctrines and beliefs," according to a statement Monday."
"Any resolution adopted by the Boy Scouts of America regarding leadership in Scouting must continue to affirm that right."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765677325/Boy-Scouts-executive-committee-OKs-ending-ban-on-gay-leaders.html

"The BSA executive committee has unanimously approved a resolution that would allow gay adult leaders and let individual Scout units set their own leadership policy."

"As a chartering organization, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has always had the right to select Scout leaders who adhere to moral and religious principles that are consistent with our doctrines and beliefs," according to a statement Monday."
"Any resolution adopted by the Boy Scouts of America regarding leadership in Scouting must continue to affirm that right."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765677325/Boy-Scouts-executive-committee-OKs-ending-ban-on-gay-leaders.html

The problem I foresee with this forthcoming policy is that gay leaders from other, non-Mormon councils, may be present at jamborees and summer camps, where sexual molestation traditionally takes place.  This is also a problem for summer camps for young women.  How do we vett the camp counseling staff?  Inviting wolves in to guard the henhouse seems a risky move.

The problem I foresee with this forthcoming policy is that gay leaders from other, non-Mormon councils, may be present at jamborees and summer camps, where sexual molestation traditionally takes place.  This is also a problem for summer camps for young women.  How do we vett the camp counseling staff?  Inviting wolves in to guard the henhouse seems a risky move.

Rest assured Robert, there is nothing to fear here. I have it on good authority that you are just fear mongering. All is well. Praise be to equality and justice.

This is about a good idea as the recent Iran nuclear deal.

Edited by Mola Ram Suda Ram

This is ridiculous.  Child predictors come in all shapes and sizes and in all sexual orientations.

• 2 weeks later...

This is ridiculous. 

Not at all. Appoximately one third of all child sex abuse is same sex; a rate more than ten times, and likely more than thirty times, the population of homosexuals.  The Church knows it and it's a BIG reason why they are concerned in addition to homosexuality being a lifestyle contrary to the gospel of Christ.

This is ridiculous.  Child predictors come in all shapes and sizes and in all sexual orientations.

Child predators are typically same-sex, as in the notorious case of the Roman Catholic priesthood and holy orders -- in which priests and monks molested and sodomized tens of thousands of young boys.  The cases in which Boy Scout leaders molested young boys have been in the news now for decades.  Do I need to cite sources?

Child predators are typically same-sex, as in the notorious case of the Roman Catholic priesthood and holy orders -- in which priests and monks molested and sodomized tens of thousands of young boys.  The cases in which Boy Scout leaders molested young boys have been in the news now for decades.  Do I need to cite sources?

This is true statistically but it may have more to do with opportunity then with homosexuals having a much higher incidence of pedophilia. If we could compare male leader assault rates between the boy scouts and say, the girl scouts, that would be more helpful but girl scouts do not have male leaders.

I personally suspect that those with SSA have higher rates per capita of pedophilia (and ephebophilia?) but saying that boy scout leaders prey on boy scouts more then they do girl scouts is not exactly an apples to apples comparison. I suspect the rate is somewhere between double and triple the rest of the population.

Robert, surely you don't think being attracted to women makes someone attracted to little girls. Why would it be any different for people who are attracted to men?

Robert, surely you don't think being attracted to women makes someone attracted to little girls. Why would it be any different for people who are attracted to men?

But being attracted to women means that you will be attracted to little boys. Let me use your logic here for a sec.

But being attracted to women means that you will be attracted to little boys. Let me use your logic here for a sec.

Being attracted to men means you are attracted to men (whether you yourself are a man or woman). People who are attracted to children are in a different category from either heterosexual or homosexual. 

My wife is certainly in no danger of seducing a 6th grade boy simply because she is attracted to males. 

Edited by Gray

Being attracted to men means you are attracted to men (whether you yourself are a man or woman). People who are attracted to children are in a different category from either heterosexual or homosexual. 

My wife is certainly in no danger of seducing a 6th grade boy simply because she is attracted to males. 

Yeah, I don't buy this idealistic picture of the gay lifestyle that people sell.  There is a significant disconnect between the gay man on television and the gay man in reality.  

Let's see, we are talking about a segment of society that created the fifteen minute relationship; countless sexual encounters - promiscuous on steroids kind of lifestyle.  The very heart of the gay lifestyle is how easy it is for men to have sex without any need for a relationship or responsibility.  This is the group that created anonymous sex, glory holes, bath houses, etc.  This line of discussion could go on, but it then gets more graphic than is appropriate for this Board.

Gay men are attracted to meeting their sexual needs however, whenever, whatever that entails.  If we are going to be honest, then be honest and talk about the topic in total rather than this unrealistic fairy land type of gay that not a single person that has ever been to a gay pride parade of yesteryear - the ones that have not been sanitized while the push was on to get their highly sanitized version of gay lifestyle to be socially acceptable.  

Being gay means not controlling one's passions; rather it is being a slave to one's passions.  That is the "appeal" of the lifestyle for gay men.  It just seems so unrealistic that this group of individuals will immediately exert self-control only because it is the boy scouts.  

Edited by Storm Rider

Yeah, I don't buy this idealistic picture of the gay lifestyle that people sell.  There is a significant disconnect between the gay man on television and the gay man in reality.  

Let's see, we are talking about a segment of society that created the fifteen minute relationship; countless sexual encounters - promiscuous on steroids kind of lifestyle.  The very heart of the gay lifestyle is how easy it is for men to have sex without any need for a relationship or responsibility.  This is the group that created anonymous sex, glory holes, bath houses, etc.  This line of discussion could go on, but it then gets more graphic than is appropriate for this Board.

Gay men are attracted to meeting their sexual needs however, whenever, whatever that entails.  If we are going to be honest, then be honest and talk about the topic in total rather than this unrealistic fairy land type of gay that not a single person that has ever been to a gay pride parade of yesteryear - the ones that have not been sanitized while the push was on to get their highly sanitized version of gay lifestyle to be socially acceptable.  

Being gay means not controlling one's passions; rather it is being a slave to one's passions.  That is the "appeal" of the lifestyle for gay men.  It just seems so unrealistic that this group of individuals will immediately exert self-control only because it is the boy scouts.

If they would just show some discipline and buy lap dances at strip clubs like the respectable and disciplined heterosexuals.....