Sign in to follow this  
Stone holm

So Has The Location Of Zion Been Moved To Florida?

That was a question asked when the news release that the Church was going to build a city in Florida on its subsidiary owned cattle ranch in Florida. Comments?

This is actually being discussed in the other forum and someone who seemed to have some knowledge on how the church utilizes it's investment land offered some good insight into everything.

This is a little over a third of the property that the Church owns in Central Florida.   It abuts Orlando and will be developed at some point (while the more remote property is expected to remain agriculture, mostly beef.   The acreage is twice the size of Orlando.   Like any responsible property owner with the foresight and resources to do so, the Church is planning and preparing for the day when it will be developed by getting the overall state and local approvals for a coordinated plan for all the area.  The alternative is piecemeal development which is generally much worse for a region.  And the alternative is development that does not protect the right for the remainder to be agriculture.   And the alternative would prevent it from being included in regional transportation planning efforts, and the increasingly urgent water rights discussion that has been going on nearby and involves part of the property directly.

Yes, this is a particularly favorable regulatory climate for the master plan development in Florida.   I suspect that the church will not be the primary developer but will sell to other developers with protective covenants over the next 30-50 years. 

The land is going to be developed by someone.

That was a question asked when the news release that the Church was going to build a city in Florida on its subsidiary owned cattle ranch in Florida. Comments?

Well yeah,. How else are sailors going to get to Zion?

It can't be Zion.  There are no plans for a shopping mall.

And, yes, the plans do include shopping and business districts ---- four of them.

Wifey asked, "Why wouldn't they swap it for land in Missouri?" 

Me: "Well, I....can't make any money in Zion.  Needed to go into the spacious building I guess."

Wifey asked, "Why wouldn't they swap it for land in Missouri?"

Me: "Well, I....can't make any money in Zion. Needed to go into the spacious building I guess."

Who would they be swapping land with?

Who would they be swapping land with?

Anybody living in Missouri would LOVE to end up in Florida.  Easy deal!   :pirate:

Isaiah 5:8(1)> Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there can be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!(2)>

Isaiah 5:8(1)> Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there can be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!(2)>

Point?

So Has The Location Of Zion Been Moved To Florida?

Yes, didn't they read the official letter over the pulpit in your Ward?

Central Florida will now be home to not only The Magic Kingdom© but The Celestial Kingdom also.

I think Zion should be moved to the Pacific Northwest. The climate is much more agreeable than either Missoura or Florida

I think Zion should be moved to the Pacific Northwest. The climate is much more agreeable than either Missoura or Florida

Yeah, but when the giant earthquake hits it'll be a logistical nightmare.

Yeah, but when the giant earthquake hits it'll be a logistical nightmare.

I say we retreat to the forests and build Ewok-like houses!

I say we retreat to the forests and build Ewok-like houses!

I can get behind that.

We need to convert the Treehouse Master guy first though.

Central Florida will now be home to not only The Magic Kingdom© but The Celestial Kingdom also.

:snort:

Florida is going to be under water in 50 years so the church better not build a city there.

So, does this mean that as long as its waterproof, I can get by with a 3-season tent instead of a 4-season one?

So, does this mean that as long as its waterproof, I can get by with a 3-season tent instead of a 4-season one?

In Central FL a 2 season tent will do it.  "Hot and Not"

I volunteer to be a missionary for the Reedy Creek Improvement District.

That would be easier for me, although we're supposed to have "The Big One" and we're all going to die. 

That would be easier for me, although we're supposed to have "The Big One" and we're all going to die. 

Yes, my little cottage (one half block to the beach) will drop into the ocean and Utahans will have oceanfront property...

GG

Yes, my little cottage (one half block to the beach) will drop into the ocean and Utahans will have oceanfront property...

GG

Noooo, not your cottage..

Sign in to follow this