Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hagoth7

Voice Told Man He Was A Match For Kidney Transplant

I love it when "the voice" happens... absolutely love it.  Most times I get strong thoughts or impressions that I have learned to pay attention to... but when the voice speaks, it's different and I recognize it and no question...

GG

First the voices just wanted my precious bodily fluids but now they are organ harvesting............this world is terrifying.

First the voices just wanted my precious bodily fluids but now they are organ harvesting............this world is terrifying.

Nehor.... Nehor.... Nehor....

GG

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darren10
      Elizabeth Smart’s due diligence never ceases to amaze me as to how much good it is doing in the world. She truly is an inspiration. 
      (Snip)
      What Elizabeth Smart’s Story Taught Me About Resilience
    • By nuclearfuels
      So if you were called over a period of 8 years in let us say a certain calling which you had reservations about but accepted anyway, at what point would you say no to future callings in the same certain calling area?  If you said no to such a calling and then received a similar calling a few months later, what would you think? Not enough adults to call or inspiration coming back again?  In all honesty when Auxiliary leaders make recommendations for certain callings in ward council/correlation mtg, is there further prayer/consideration/Spiritual guidance by Ward Leaders?  I believe so and I hope so; just seems strange to get a calling quite similar to one I said no to a few months earlier.
      I've heard that Sunbeams coteacher in a former ward I was in received seven no's in response to callings and I can't judge anyone who turned it down as I wasn't part of those callings' issuance.  A friend of mine in college turned down a Primary call since she was a homemaker with three boys and said she needed a break.
      The non-linear part makes sense; we all don't progress in the same order of callings...BUT it seems odd to me to have received such a similar calling in multiple wards over many years, in a chartered organization that I do not support.

• By JLHPROF
      So in light of the "Modern Revelation", "Psychic Healer", "Those Who Have Left" and "Holy Spirit" threads, I want to readdress an old topic.

When we are receiving what we believe to be a personal revelation (whether of the inspiration or more direct kind) how do we KNOW that it's from God?

I have had direct answers to my prayers, promptings, strokes of insight, even heard spoken words.  I believe they came from God.  But how can we KNOW?  If I pray to know that something I want to be right is right and I get a positive response, how can I know it's God and not me.  If I pray to know if I should do something that I don't want to and I get an answer not to do it, how can I know it's God and not me?  If I read the BOM and like it and want it to be true and then follow Moroni 10:4 how do I know the confirmation isn't just "self-fulfilling" or if I read it full of doubt and get no answer or even a bad feeling is that just self-fulfilling revelation too?

I know this is an old question but I would like some new opinions.  Our own emotions and thoughts are so strong and influential in our decisions and desires and God never overrides our agency.  So how do the board members know when it's from God and not from another source?