• Announcements

• Nemesis

Contact Us Broken   09/27/2016

Users, It has come to our attention that the contact us feature on the site is broken.  Please do not use this feature to contact board admins.  Please go through normal channels.  If you are ignored there then assume your request was denied. Also if you try to email us that email address is pretty much ignored.  Also don't contact us to complain, ask for favors, donations, or any other thing that you may think would annoy us.  Nemesis

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Christensen

John Dehlin Backstage At Wikipedia

18 posts in this topic

The paranoia and hypocrisy are palpable.

Someone needs to let it go 

(sorry for putting that song in your head)

Oh for heaven's sake...why would he think FairMormon cares about his wiki page.

Because Of the huge threat he is to the church of course.

Wait, someone has devoted an entire blog to "correcting" John Dhelin's public statements?  That's just...strange.

Wait, someone has devoted an entire blog to "correcting" John Dhelin's public statements?  That's just...strange.

No stranger than the army enlisted by Dehlin to guard his Wiki "Fortress" from free speech and open discussion.  Then this psych major grad student ends up accusing his own troops of being his sworn enemies -- Reminiscent of Captain Queeg in "The Caine Mutiny," https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKQkJz-C5k .  So sad to see a man lose it like that . . .

I read the whole blog.  Is this saying that ex-mormons have been babysitting his wikipedia article for 2 years and that the bad (to him) things posted about him were from his own people?  Does this also imply that long before he was excommunicated he felt the need to control the article?  

Dehlin just needs to take a good-sized break. Step away from the computer and allow perspective to return. Let the nerves calm down.

Given the strange nature of so many of John Dehlin's public statements, and of Dehlin's ongoing efforts to become a professional public figure, it seems to me that the blog fills an important need.

FWIW

Kevin Christensen

Bethel Park, PA

No stranger than the army enlisted by Dehlin to guard his Wiki "Fortress" from free speech and open discussion. Then this psych major grad student ends up accusing his own troops of being his sworn enemies -- Reminiscent of Captain Queeg in "The Caine Mutiny," https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKQkJz-C5k . So sad to see a man lose it like that . . .

That's not just strange, that's hilarious. He knee-jerked into looking pretty foolish.

Given the strange nature of so many of John Dehlin's public statements, and of Dehlin's ongoing efforts to become a professional public figure, it seems to me that the blog fills an important need.FWIWKevin ChristensenBethel Park, PA

Well, it reminds me of some of Doctor Scratch's activities, which isn't a good thing.

Oh for heaven's sake...why would he think FairMormon cares about his wiki page. 

Inflated ego.

I've been editing Wikipedia for years (not very actively, but occasionally), and I can tell you that there are some articles around which definite constituencies develop, and they can fight each other tooth and nail.  LDS-related articles are among those, because there are those who like to make the Church as bad looking as possible, those who care about accuracy and an encyclopedic tone, and those who are rabid Church fan-boys (and -girls) who would edit out anything negative whether it were true or not.  That's why I stay mostly away from LDS topics (except for this one and this one, which I am the proud creator of).

And Dehlin's page would definitely fall within the battle zone.

I read the whole blog.  Is this saying that ex-mormons have been babysitting his wikipedia article for 2 years and that the bad (to him) things posted about him were from his own people?  Does this also imply that long before he was excommunicated he felt the need to control the article?  

in a word, yes.

Would love to see the term "meatpuppetry" next to priestcraft in some future official LDS publication.

Dehlin just needs to take a good-sized break. Step away from the computer and allow perspective to return. Let the nerves calm down.

It has been nice for me, and I don't even have a podcast or wiki page. 

John does not have tough skin, though he throws rocks at others expecting them to be tougher.