Seriously No Politics ×

Elder Perry Hospitalized

CFR. Prove without loose interpretive language that they are the same. If the D&C explicitly makes and substantiates your claim then I'll withdraw. Any other argument is insufficient and unworthy of consideration.

So you consider "General Authority" as a scriptural term to be defined by revelation and not an administrative label or community label at all?

Why are you in such a argumentive mode today and yesterday? Surely you have seen me post long enough to know I am not trying any 'gotchas'?

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/107.32?lang=eng#31

"22 Of the Melchizedek Priesthood, three Presiding High Priests, chosen by the body, appointed and ordained to that office, and upheld by the confidence, faith, and prayer of the church, form a quorum of the Presidency of the Church.

23 The twelve traveling councilors are called to be the Twelve Apostles, or special witnesses of the name of Christ in all the world—thus differing from other officers in the church in the duties of their calling.

24 And they form a quorum, equal in authority and power to the three presidents previously mentioned.

25 The Seventy are also called to preach the gospel, and to be especial witnesses unto the Gentiles and in all the world—thus differing from other officers in the church in the duties of their calling.

26 And they form a quorum, equal in authority to that of the Twelve special witnesses or Apostles just named.....

32 And in case that any decision of these quorums is made in unrighteousness, it may be brought before a general assembly of the several quorums, which constitute the spiritual authorities of the church; otherwise there can be no appeal from their decision."

If one wants to split hairs then the presidents of Seventy might be GA. However, there is lack of evidence to support such a notion if one were to consider the story of Samuel Smith.

Please add clarification to your point of Samuel Smith.

So you consider "General Authority" as a scriptural term to be defined by revelation and not an administrative label or community label at all?

Why are you in such a argumentive mode today and yesterday? Surely you have seen me post long enough to know I am not trying any 'gotchas'?

Ugh...you're right. I'm stressed about the end of the semester and decided to take a couple days to settle down but it's not working because I'm going about it the wrong way.

I apologize. Thank you for your responses as they have settled my concerns.

Ugh...you're right. I'm stressed about the end of the semester and decided to take a couple days to settle down but it's not working because I'm going about it the wrong way.

I apologize. Thank you for your responses as they have settled my concerns.

Thanks for the response, I was getting very perplexed as it was quite different than our usual conversations.   :)

We have been walking on eggshells the past few weeks.  I hate end of semesters when my husband goes into grading mode.

Add to it applying to grad schools. I need a good wall to bang my head against.

I hated applying to grad schools. If I ever get independently wealthy I thought it would be fun to go back and get my PhD in astronomical physics, but after the ringer that is post graduate education, I think I will just pick up a few text books and teach my self.

Best of luck to you and remember that it will all be over soon.

I hated applying to grad schools. If I ever get independently wealthy I thought it would be fun to go back and get my PhD in astronomical physics, but after the ringer that is post graduate education, I think I will just pick up a few text books and teach my self.

Thank you, sir. I am applying to at least 8 schools, 4 national and 4 international. There is a program that will spend one semester in Berlin and the remaining 5 in Bucharest, Romania. I am applying and really hoping for that one.

I've occasionally toyed with the idea of becoming an astrophysicist in my retirement years. 

But then my old enemy, Mathematics, comes to mind.

My brain hit the math wall in abstract algebra with rings and shells and.... oh the horror !!

I know enough about Quantum Mechanics to laugh my head off (starting with Feynman Diagrams) at this one:

Thank you, sir. I am applying to at least 8 schools, 4 national and 4 international. There is a program that will spend one semester in Berlin and the remaining 5 in Bucharest, Romania. I am applying and really hoping for that one.

Studying what?

Update from today on KSL:

The LDS Church today issued an update on the health of Elder Richard G. Scott and Elder L. Tom Perry:

Elder Scott "is resting at home recovering from his recent hospitalization for internal bleeding" from an ulcer. He "has experienced a fading memory incident to age, and is not fully able to participate in meetings of the Quorum of the Twelve at this time."

Elder Perry "attended both scheduled meetings of the Quorum of the Twelve" this week. "He remains under medical care for thyroid cancer."

Archived