Seriously No Politics ×

Buzzard, Long Time Poster, Passed Away This Morning

That's sad.  I enjoyed his posts.  He had referred to his illness in many of them.  Prayers for his family and joy at the end of his pain and his progression into the eternities.

I will miss him, and I'm sure his family and (IRL) friends will miss him.  As I recently shared at the funeral of someone close to me (and as the Doctrine and Covenants says), "Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die" (Doctrine & Covenants 42:22).  But our sorrow need not be permanent because, if his "Cyber persona" is any indication (and I believe it is: one can get a feeling about a person, even when interaction is limited to Cyber space) he has "hope of a glorious resurrection."

The fact of the matter is, he "came off conqueror," enduring to the end; he won.  As the Lord promised Joseph Smith, he triumphed over all his foes.   "Oh death, where is thy sting?  Oh grave, where is thy victory?" indeed!  We all should do so well.

Condolences to all most keenly affected by the loss.

Edited by Kenngo1969

I see by his profile that he was last on the board a week ago.  I hope I can continue posting that far into it.  When my time comes.

Will this board last that long?  Here's hoping.

This news brings a heightened sense of tenderness to me.  I appreciated his contributions here and I will miss him.  Life is very short and there are so many that pass without notice.  It underlines the importance of being forthright in our communications with all we meet. 

Ironically, he passed on in my "new" neck of the woods.  Que en paz descanso, Hermano.  Que en paz descanso.  ("RIP," in Spanish.)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...