Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodheadlee

Lost City Found In Honduran Rainforest

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/03/04/search-for-white-city-uncovers-lost-civilization/

This discovery was found by LADAR and was mention here earlier. It seems boots on the ground has confirmed the find.

"As writer Douglas Preston explains, "Archaeologists no longer believe in the existence of ... Ciudad Blanca, as described in the legends" but suspect there are many such cities secreted away in this rainforest, "which taken together represent something far more important—a lost civilization." This find points to that: an unnamed, "scarcely studied" civilization that apparently flourished a thousand years ago and disappeared"

It will be interesting to follow this and see how old the city is. So far dating is 1000AD to 1400AD, it could be much older and it at the least proves there are many undiscovered things about ancient MesoAmerica. 

Very interesting stuff!

Thanks, Rod...

Yes, that is interesting, and I agree... there's a lot I'm sure that we don't know about Mesoamerica...

from the beach on a beautiful, sunny day... GG

... (I)t at the least proves there are many undiscovered things about ancient MesoAmerica. 

Undiscovered things about mesoamerica?  Nah!  Enough has been discovered to prove, definitively, that the Book of Mormon is a 19th-century creation from the fertile mind of Ol' Joe Smith!  (After all, we all know that absence of evidence really is evidence of absence! :huh::unsure:)

;)

Undiscovered things about mesoamerica?  Nah!  Enough has been discovered to prove, definitively, that the Book of Mormon is a 19th-century creation from the fertile mind of Ol' Joe Smith!  (After all, we all know that absence of evidence really is evidence of absence! :huh::unsure:)

;)

Irregardless I will go out on a limb here and predict that there are still many undiscovered ruins. in meso-america, that will yet be discovered.

There is still so much unexplored area and even in settled areas so much still being found. It is rather premature to ever say there is no evidence of the BOM. Of course many of us believe there is already evidence.

There is still so much unexplored area and even in settled areas so much still being found. It is rather premature to ever say there is no evidence of the BOM. Of course many of us believe there is already evidence.

Perhaps you missed the irony in my post, Dear? :unknw:

;):)

Would you name 1 archaeological find in all of the Americas that supports a Book of

Mormon person or location?

Thanks,

Jim

Would you name 1 archaeological find in all of the Americas that supports a Book of

Thanks,

Jim

Would you name 1 archaeological find in all of the Americas Middle East that supports a Book of Mormon person or location The claim that Jesus atoned for sin?

Thanks,

Jim

When that 1 archaeological find that supports a Book of Mormon person or location occurs, I expect that you will pooh-pooh it no matter how definitive the discovery is.

That being said, I don't believe this will happen before the Millennium for the simple reason that God would prefer for it to remain hidden, for the sake of all our free agency.

ERayR makes an excellent point. Biblical archaeology can confirm events, places and persons in the Bible, but it cannot prove anything at all respecting the spiritual or supernatural claims in the Bible. Archaeology may be able verify that Jesus of Nazareth indeed existed, but it cannot possibly prove that He is the Son of God, or that He was resurrected, or that He actually fed the 5,000, turned water into wine, raised Lazarus from the dead, or anything else like that.

Unless you can think of something that would prove anything like this, if we were able to find it? And recognize it?

But I don't need archaeology to prove to me that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and the Redeemer of the World. The Spirit of the Lord has proven this to me -- in a non-falsifiable way, of course, but I am satisfied with the proof I have.

Thanks,

Jim

I hear they found a Zarahemla city limits sign nailed to a tree.  :diablo:

Thanks,

Jim

El Salvador = The Savior. How big of a sign do you need?