Seriously No Politics ×

I'm sorry Bluebell, but these don't even compare to the girl from Utah.

Truly.  Thanks for reminding us.

...and let's not forget where and how Islam obtained the literature that produced the Golden Age - through conquest and occupation of the Byzantine Christian empire, the last vestige of the Roman Empire that persisted for another thousand years after Old Rome fell, plunging Europe into the Dark Ages.  

wl6ii.jpg

Another female who should be ashamed of herself. (This is at BYU)

This kind of stuff is beyond stupid.  If i remember right this example is even from a few years ago and the issue of modest dress for girls has grown even more polarizing since then.

I'm sorry Bluebell, but these don't even compare to the girl from Utah.

I've heard of young men being turned away from a prom for wearing a kilt.  Frankly, a formal kilt is about as conservative as you can get.  And as a Scot, I'm offended. :) 

I've heard of young men being turned away from a prom for wearing a kilt.  Frankly, a formal kilt is about as conservative as you can get.  And as a Scot, I'm offended. :)

Well, that might depend upon how "regimental" the kilt-wearer is being.  :D

Stop complaining! Those school authorities are trying to save us from evil. Here is a prime example of their good work on our behalf:Magic Hobbit Ring Suspension

And the evil miscreant has also been in trouble for bringing in a big book to show for an astronomy lesson -- only the book also had a picture of a pregnant woman!  Horrible.  Just horrible.

"There are a great number of magic rings in the world and none of them should be used lightly." -Gandalf

Wise counsel.

Let's not get too Utah-centric it happens all over the place. We, not just Utah, or Mormons, are over-saturated with "seeing" sexual innuendo even when there isn't.

This particular thing would never happen outside of Utah and perhaps some parts of Idaho.

There are however enough stupid things happening elsewhere though with idiots promoting zero tolerance for this that and the other thing.

This particular thing would never happen outside of Utah and perhaps some parts of Idaho.

There are however enough stupid things happening elsewhere though with idiots promoting zero tolerance for this that and the other thing.

I'm so old I remember when school teachers in California walked around with measuring sticks to determine if girls skirts were too far above the knee. In all fairness we boys didn't mind a bit. ;):lol:

I'm so old I remember when school teachers in California walked around with measuring sticks to determine if girls skirts were too far above the knee. In all fairness we boys didn't mind a bit. ;):lol:

The key there is that it 'used to happen' it certainly doesn't any more. I remember corporal punishment by teachers but that went away decades ago.

The key there is that it 'used to happen' it certainly doesn't any more. I remember corporal punishment by teachers but that went away decades ago.

I haven't been in JrHS for over 48 years. Teenager's are still sent home for inappropriate dress when on campus. When my kids were little the school asked if they could spank my kids. I told them an emphatic NO. Just tell me and I'll come down to the school and do it myself. I never had to come down there once.

Should religious rules of modesty be imposed in public schools?

There shouldn't be any public schools anyway. Since I realize the privatization of schools isn't going to happen over night, I propose the middle ground of privatization of the cirriculum; allowing parents and students the freedom to decide their own cirriculum and teachers, etc.  What dress standards could also be freely selected or agreed upon in each class.

Archived