Seriously No Politics ×

Church Website Gets Facelift

Nofear

It's so sad to me that they still won't put a link to the MormonsandGays.org site on the front page.

It is a tough call...  the University I work for updated its site and had to carefully choose what the public face would be, even though it relegated some important things to the back pages.

I did a quick search for "gays" and the mormonsandgays website was the first thing that came up.

I did a quick search for "gays" and the mormonsandgays website was the first thing that came up.

Yep, I did the same thing.  But since there are very obvious empty spots on the page (see the 3rd column of "Quick Links" for example) I think it would be nice to let more members know that the site exists.  Could be beneficial in increasing awareness for people who don't go to the site and search for "gays".

ETA:  There was a small social media campaign a few months back encouraging people to submit feedback on LDS.org regarding the placement of MormonsandGays.org on the front page.  I participated but I guess there wasn't enough feedback or they chose not to do it for other reasons.

Archived