Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okrahomer

Attending Church By Phone

It would take some discipline to set the proper atmosphere, unlike a few of us who watch Conference in our PJs while gnawing on cold pizza.

It would take some discipline to set the proper atmosphere, unlike a few of us who watch Conference in our PJs while gnawing on cold pizza.

Amen to that!

A sister I visit taught attended church I believe through Skype when she was in Iraq - not military. Their branch was very small and I think it took in several countries. That is how they HT and VT as well.

The handbook specifically prohibits broadcasting from the chapel, over the Internet or otherwise, with the exception of stake conferences.

21.2.10 Photographs, Video Recordings, and Broadcasts in Chapels

Taking photographs or making video recoriings in chapels is not permitted. Meetings and other events that are held in the chapel may not be broadcast over the Internet or by any other means (see 18.3.1 for an exception)

(18.3.1 refers to stake conference.)

The handbook specifically prohibits broadcasting from the chapel, over the Internet or otherwise, with the exception of stake conferences.

21.2.10 Photographs, Video Recordings, and Broadcasts in Chapels

Taking photographs or making video recoriings in chapels is not permitted. Meetings and other events that are held in the chapel may not be broadcast over the Internet or by any other means (see 18.3.1 for an exception)

(18.3.1 refers to stake conference.)

I'm not sure if it matters, but It in this particular instance, it isn't a "broadcast" but rather a telephone call. On the other hand, one can always tune into this: http://www.byutv.org/show/89883728-9bf8-4d39-b699-cb49bc2a51c6/worship-service