Seriously No Politics ×

Epilepsy Dx

Wants2know

Ugh.  So sorry to hear it!  I hope you will be able to get it under control. 

Chronic diseases strike wherever without a lot of warning and most of the time without any connection to the way we live our lives or the choices we have made.  We just wake up one day and they magically appear.  

You seem to handling this well; that is a good sign.  I never got caught up into a need to know why I was lucky enough to win the prize that so few win; I just won.  These things are best taken one step at a time without a lot of concern about tomorrow or six months from now, or five years from now.  We have no control over it except to follow the doctors counsel, study about it and keep aware of research; ask questions; treat your body with specific attention to proper exercise, proper diet, and proper sleep.  

I had several talks with friends about not treating me like the disease.  I am still me and I don't need pity; I just want to be the same person.  My disease ended in a organ transplant after many years and now I just deal with medications and consistent check-ups.  

There can many blessings for you; look for them.  

Yes Cal, I've had two more. One at night and one putting my daughter on the bus. Apparently my brain is "angry". My kids say I didn't need a neurologist to get that information. Lol. I'm very grateful for modern medicine at the moment. It gives me hope!

Good luck W2K!!  I'm praying in my heart for you!!

Yes Cal, I've had two more. One at night and one putting my daughter on the bus. Apparently my brain is "angry". My kids say I didn't need a neurologist to get that information. Lol. I'm very grateful for modern medicine at the moment. It gives me hope!

Don't forget W2K, to have a priesthood blessing from your husband... I find that blessings of comfort and peace can give strength when needed...

Prayers going forward... GG

I have a strong testimony of priesthood blessings. I know it will all work out, it's just of course, poor timing for health issues. Husband is out of work, I can't drive... no clear reason for brain to be doing this.... on the other hand, I'm fortunate to be able to support my family, my husband supports us in other ways until he finds work... the kid's are helpful and healthy, if not a little over doing the "mommy watch". As long as I can work we are ok and overflowing with many blessings I just need to take the time to see.