Seriously No Politics ×

The Trinity

Samurai Jack

Three separete beings does NOT harmonize with all these verses I gave out.

All of them?

For one, only a handful at most of the verses you quoted actually deal with the number of God if you read into them a specific way.

And, none of those verses clearly support the trinity.

Unless of course there are some clear ones that I missed. Of course if you had clear verses you probably wouldn't have buried them in a pile of highly questionable verses.

It shows the divinity of them...not that they are seperate beings with their own minds....

I had to show each one and its divinity...then along with that I showed that they are one. Read every one of the verses.

And you will see how it harmonizes with eachother.

God can do anything. God is omnipotent.

Can he lie?

:P

God can do anything...for He is God. He is NOT a limited God like us human beings who sometimes people put a handle on Him. Can He lie? Well tell me this...do you want a God of lies? Is that in His nature?

If you want to have the trinity explained, I suggest those of you who don't have access to a Catechism of the Catholic Church either pick one up at the library or go online. It explains it in a clear and simple manner. My 8 year old grasps the meaning of the trinity. God is the Creator, not the creature. Our minds and intelligences are limited. God cannot be understood in purely human terms. And besides if we knew and understood everything, where is the room for faith?

Yeah the CCC does explain good. There is also one online too...but it is much easier getting the book...you get the "feel" of it...and it deals with all senses....see, feel, smell (well if you like to sniff paper lol lol)...

I agree

Now as far as "hugging" and looking in "God's eye"

well....here is my answer to that.

You'll see Jesus in His human form. Truely human and truely divine.

Since God the Father and the Holy Spirit are in spirit form, you'll see them as spirits.

Since God is God....he will just appear to me and you in any form He chooses...right?

Seeing Jesus as truly human and divine is NOT enough for me and would never satisfy my needs to be one with God as Christ wants me to be.

I will embrace my Savior and I will look into his eyes when I speak to him face to face - I will be his son and he shall be my God (Rev. 21:7). Then I will turn my head and speak to my Father as I look into his eyes. Then, I will let go of Jesus and embrace my Heavenly Father for a good long while and probably not say anything.

At last, I shall sit down with THEM in the throne. (Rev. 3:21)

Paul O

Well, there are lots of things he can't do. cool.gif

He can't lie.

He can't die.

He can't make you greater than him.

Can you think of anything else he can't do. :P

Paul O

God can do anything..

However lying is NOT in His Character...I am not speaking about character I am speaking about power.

Of course He cant die, He is God.

What I mean that He can do anything I meant God can send His spirit to Mary and become human.

What I mean He can do anything He could manifest Himself in Human form (Jesus).

Are you saying that He couldnt? HE did make the world out of nothing...

How much power do you think God has?

Just as false as the trinity theory.

False? By whose authority? By what authority?

Every one of the systems being discussed has merit and is valid. Every spirit has free agency to consider truth for itself.

The declaration of falsehood of any faith-based system is spiritual arrogance.

Alexander  writes,

I have been shown diagrams such as the one below and all I see is Father = God = Son but Father != Son.

The diagram illustrates what the Anthanasian/Trinitarian Creed says and the Creed reveals what the Bible as a whole reveals. This diagram is not saying "Father = God = Son but Father != Son". It is saying

Athanasian Creed (Trinitarian Creed)

The person of the Father is a distinct person,

the person of the Son is another,

and that of the Holy Spirit still another.

But the Godhead(divinity) of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one,

There are not three eternal beings;

there is but one eternal being.

The Father is God,

the Son is God,

the Holy Spirit is God.

Yet there are not three gods;

there is but one God.

Honestly, I thought I understood it there for a second. Than I read all the points again and realized didn't take into account all the points.

In regards to your 8 year old daughter understanding it.  Need I point out that she's, well... 8 and 8 year olds are naive.

I hope you are not implying that over a billion believers in the Holy Trinity are naive.

Only if the billion believers in the trinity are 8 years old.

Isn't 8 years old the age of accountability? Are 8-year olds too naive to be baptized? If they are too young to understand the nature of God, then they must be too young to understand when they are baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Peace be with you.

Isn't 8 years old the age of accountability? Are 8-year olds too naive to be baptized? If they are too young to understand the nature of God, then they must be too young to understand when they are baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Peace be with you.

Oh, pardon me. 8 year olds are not naive, in fact 8 years old is the age in which we gain all our inelegance and thinking ability. One of my favorite professors is 8 years old actually. She can explain calculus in a simple and easy to follow manner while relating it to her many years of real world experience.

My bad.

Oh, pardon me. 8 year olds are not naive, in fact 8 years old is the age in which we gain all our inelegance and thinking ability. One of my favorite professors is 8 years old actually. She can explain calculus in a simple and easy to follow manner while relating it to her many years of real world experience.

My bad.

Either you missed my point or refuse to address it.

Can He be alone?

With all the angels and Saints praising Him?

Not like He has ears to hear them, Trinitarian view, nor does He need angels or Saints, after all He is "omnipotent" and do their assignments himself. So can God be alone?

An egg has three parts but it is an egg. It has the shell, the white stufff, and a yoke and all three parts are called an egg not eggs.

A three leaf clover has three leaves....it is connected to a stem but it is called a clover not clovers.

An egg shell, the white and the yolk are made up of different material. The analogy falls short.

The stem is part of the clover, is God 4 parts(5 parts for a 4-leaf clover)?

When they say it's a "mystery" isn't that a pleasent way of saying that they can't support the explanation of it, but expect you to believe it?

In regards to your 8 year old daughter understanding it.  Need I point out that she's, well... 8 and 8 year olds are naive.

I hope you are not implying that over a billion believers in the Holy Trinity are naive.

More like 800 million plus never give it a first thought, let alone a second. You can't expect an 8 yr old to understand the Trinity when Augustine couldn't explain it to his satisfaction.

Oh, pardon me.  8 year olds are not naive, in fact 8 years old is the age in which we gain all our inelegance and thinking ability.  One of my favorite professors is 8 years old actually.  She can explain calculus in a simple and easy to follow manner while relating it to her many years of real world experience.

My bad.

Either you missed my point or refuse to address it.

You have no point. The one you attempted to make fails because you appear not to understand the context of everything I wrote.

In regards to your 8 year old daughter understanding it.
More like 800 million plus never give it a first thought, let alone a second. You can't expect an 8 yr old to understand the Trinity when Augustine couldn't explain it to his satisfaction.

Herb,

How do you know that they have never given it a first thought? Have 80% of the LDS members never thought about the Godhead?

Anyone can understand the concept of the Trinity. 3 persons...one in Being. The nature of the Trinity...how 3 persons equals one Being is considered a mystery.

So yes, an 8-year old can understand the concept of the Trinity.

Can we, with our finite minds, understand the nature of the Trinity...I would say no. IMHO, I think it dangerous to try and define God. He is so much more than us. He created us. I wouldn't want to be the one to stand before God, point my finger and exclaim, "I FIGURED YOU OUT!"

Have faith that God is more than you. Let go and let God!

Can He be alone?

With all the angels and Saints praising Him?

Not like He has ears to hear them, Trinitarian view, nor does He need angels or Saints, after all He is "omnipotent" and do their assignments himself. So can God be alone?

An egg has three parts but it is an egg. It has the shell, the white stufff, and a yoke and all three parts are called an egg not eggs.

A three leaf clover has three leaves....it is connected to a stem but it is called a clover not clovers.

An egg shell, the white and the yolk are made up of different material. The analogy falls short.

The stem is part of the clover, is God 4 parts(5 parts for a 4-leaf clover)?

When they say it's a "mystery" isn't that a pleasent way of saying that they can't support the explanation of it, but expect you to believe it?

it doesnt fall short....for it is an egg....when you take the yoke...you will have a yoke of an egg....if you take the white stuff....it is part of the egg...all three equals ONE egg.......you are just trying to make it more difficult than it really is....for example.....you have the yoke....where did it come from? From the egg....you have the white stuff....where did it come from? from the egg....how about the shell? from the egg...all three is ONE egg....it doesnt matter what substance...and here is the reason why it doesnt fall short....God is a spirit....Jesus who is God is in human form...substance is different here....God spirit...Jesus in human form...but ONE God...

about the three leaf clover...I am guessing you dont understand. Three leaves are connected to ONE stem...a Stem isnt a leaf, but it makes it in ONE three leaf clover. One leaf of the clover is part of that stem the second and third too....three leaves ONE stem.....Three persons of the Trinity...ONE God...why do you make it so difficult? It isnt that hard.

As far as if God could be alone? I suppose if He wanted to...He could...but He did Make US to share the loveness that He has...He has so much love that He could do it all over to save us numberious of times if He wanted to....He could have hung on the Cross until Judgement day if He wanted to...He has that much love....

Archived