Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strappinglad

A Sense Of Foreboding

Hopefully the economy will last until October at least since we are planning a Disneyland trip in September 2015.  

Remind me when August comes around again so i can say my goodbyes because if the economy collapse me and my daughter wont be around much longer in all likelihood.

Hopefully the economy will last until October at least since we are planning a Disneyland trip in September 2015.  

We do live in perilous times but where we live is not a perilous as some.

I am hoping civilization does not collapse before the final installment of The Hobbit comes out!

Economy BETTER not collapse in September. I paid good money to renew my BYU football tickets, and the games run clear until November. Saw the doctor today, and he is convinced I won't die or become too sick to be outdoors before then, so no way is a little martial law going to stand in the way. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Anijen
      While General Conference Starts tomorrow, I am looking forward to some great spiritual talks. I am one who just wants the Savior to return soon. Today would be alright with me, although I have a ways to go as far as improvement. I just read about fish are now living, and apparently surviving in the Dead Sea (see here).  Another sign to mark off done.
      Hurrah for Israel! 
    • By Bill "Papa" Lee
      Tonight, and especially tomorrow night is supposed to be one of the greatest mediator showers ever in our lifetime. Then of course a total eclipse of the sun, (on the 21st) from the great Northwest to my neighborhood here in Georgia. 
      Such wonders, have always brought to mind the many revelations or foretelling of the last days and the second coming of Jesus Christ. In times past many such events have only been seen or known to the geographical area where they occurred. As such before, it would cause fear, to both the believing and the non-believing. In today's age, where every event can be seen as it is happening, such events are considered common, or rather have caused them to seem commonplace. 
      In our age, and especially our belief in living Prophets and Apostles, we think there is no need to worry. We believe that we might get a "heads up", but in reality we have been by both modern and ancient Prophets. 
      When should we take such events seriously, and look to the heavens for the signs of the "coming of the Son of Man? I don't mean to go "quote mining" as so many have done, doing so to write books that scare people, and then building businesses that play on these fears. Something that one member turned into a million dollar  enterprise. As believers, we are certainly expected to "watch and be ready", as the scriptures tell us too. 
      Anyway, are the events this weekend and next week a "sign", or because of technology and the 24 hour news cycle, something to just ignore, and view as commonplace? 
    • By boblloyd91
      http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/11/tech/innovation/blood-moon/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

Apparently big things have happened in Israel or with the Jewish people whenever this has happened. Normally I don't put much stock in end times speculation but I am interested to see if this pattern continues