Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okrahomer

600 Homless Assisted At Mesa Temple

I hope that "Cate" will see this thread and the article... she's the one complaining that the Church doesn't do enough to help the needy.,.

The Church does this stuff all the time, but it's usually not reported by the news media... which is fine... we don't do it for the publicity nor to make the Church look good.  We're supposed to simply go around doing good... here again we team with another agency, this time United Way, to accomplish much good.  We not only have individual Church efforts, but team with several agencies and other faiths...

GG

I hope that "Cate" will see this thread and the article... she's the one complaining that the Church doesn't do enough to help the needy.,.

The Church does this stuff all the time, but it's usually not reported by the news media... which is fine... we don't do it for the publicity nor to make the Church look good.  We're supposed to simply go around doing good... here again we team with another agency, this time United Way, to accomplish much good.  We not only have individual Church efforts, but team with several agencies and other faiths...

GG

The church as in it's members.  The church didn't provide the funds according to the statement. 

The church as in it's members.  The church didn't provide the funds according to the statement. 

The church is its members.  

Besides, 'cate' was complaining about the members in her blog post, and how horrible they were at serving outside of the church, so GG's comment is valid.

The church is its members.  

Besides, 'cate' was complaining about the members in her blog post, and how horrible they were at serving outside of the church, so GG's comment is valid.

Gotcha!  :)

PS:  Don't know Cate.  Sorry to intrude on this. 

GG

Unless the Church divest of all its commercial holdings and gives it away will the critics be satisfied.  Then they will complain that the Church should have done something to keep the stream coming. 

Tacenda...

You don't think the "members" were the ones to approve such an interaction with United Way on Temple Grounds do you?  With 600 people being served, and over 300 volunteers using Church facilities and property, I'd say the "Church" was involved...

GG

Tacenda...

You don't think the "members" were the ones to approve such an interaction with United Way on Temple Grounds do you?  With 600 people being served, and over 300 volunteers using Church facilities and property, I'd say the "Church" was involved...

GG

I know, and I think it's cool that the church gives the credit to it's members for donating, through the Humanitarian Fund I'm thinking.  Kudos to the church for doing that!!  But I want more, as the AT&T commercials with kids say! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_7NAE-rKE