Seriously No Politics ×

Kirsten Dunst: "you Need A Man To Be A Man"

BCSpace

I've always wanted an equal and helpmeet. Someone whom could walk with me hand in hand into eternity.

Yes?  Well, me, too.  But my wife insists that I wear the pants in the family.  Whatever that means.  Usually, I just do what she tells me.  It seems to work well, actually.

I've always wanted an equal and helpmeet. Someone whom could walk with me hand in hand into eternity.

My wife was the traditional stay at home mom, staying home cleaning house and changing diapers.  It took only once of me assuming that role for a very, very short time for me to realize she was definitely my equal, just not in all the same things and vice versa.

I have as well. But I didn't have to be married long before I realized I needed to raise the bar to keep up with her.

So did I. But the reality is that we both essentially grew up together, helping shape and model each other in myriads of different ways. She was more of the wallflower lady while I was a brash young man. She was the bookworm, and I was the get out there and just do it type. In some ways I become more like her, and in other ways she has become more like me. :friends:

• 1 month later...

Women and girls in the age knights in shining armor were second class citizens. Holding up that as an ideal for your own family in the 21st Century is rather bizarre.

I've never had a 21st century woman complain when I held a door open for her or did some other nicety.

I've never had a 21st century woman complain when I held a door open for her or did some other nicety.

I haven't either. I don't complain when either sex holds open a door for me and my walker. But that doesn't change the fact that women until relatively recently were at best second class citizens and more often no better than chattel slaves.

I take great exception to that last sentiment.  Dunst is showing a great deal of wisdom and courage to say the right thing here considering the social circles she probably runs in.  Plus, no one needs to be paid to understand 'gender theory'.

The connection to LDS things like say, the Proclamation on the Family should be obvious.

There is no rigid gender role because within reasonable limitations people need to be free to work out their relationships in a marriage. We get into trouble forcing a woman who has a more masculine expression to be Sally Mormon.  And, there are men who are extremely feminine in their actions. So, one could only hope to get these sorts of couples joined in a way that is complementary to both.

I did once. She was fat and seemed to for some reason take it as a slight against her weight. I let go of the door. It hit her in the face. It was very hard not to laugh.

Archived