Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hooberus

There is ony one true God

1dc  writes,

By like us I presume JS meant His sacrifice can bridge the gap between us and Jesus . .

Mormonism teaches that our Heavenly Father became God ... what was he like before becoming God?

King Pagan  writes,

Are you SURE that we are using the same bible? How is it that two people can read the same thing and come to two completely different understandings?

How do you read Rom 8:15?

Romans 8

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

King Pagan  writes,

Are you SURE that we are using the same bible? How is it that two people can read the same thing and come to two completely different understandings?

How do you read Rom 8:15?

Romans 8

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

My bible is not literal. It is pure metaphor/poetry. Does that make me wrong? Or you? So, who are you to say that anyone's faith is wrong at any level?

Has it been two days? Good grief.

If you don't care for Leet, then Scholem makes a good point about achieving devekut (Kabbalah, p. 174). I don't think anyone gets there at peshat or even remez. You have to enter the garden and understand your nature as it relates to God's. Frank Moore Cross has made an excellent observation in Epic to Canon about the Sinai covenant being one of kinship. Our (LDS) appreciation to him should be immeasurable because it is what we believe. We are in the image of Hashem, literally, and understanding the Shema and Tetragrammaton at derash and sod reveals the divine family, our kinship and the purpose of everything. We are not little Barbie and Ken who are created to amuse the Lord. We are family, and may be unified if we write the law on our hearts. I don't believe we can ever achieve devekut as long as we believe Hashem is something 'other' than we are.

Has it been two days? Good grief.

If you don't care for Leet, then Scholem makes a good point about achieving devekut (Kabbalah, p. 174). I don't think anyone gets there at peshat or even remez. You have to enter the garden and understand your nature as it relates to God's. Frank Moore Cross has made an excellent observation in Epic to Canon about the Sinai covenant being one of kinship. Our (LDS) appreciation to him should be immeasurable because it is what we believe. We are in the image of Hashem, literally, and understanding the Shema and Tetragrammaton at derash and sod reveals the divine family, our kinship and the purpose of everything. We are not little Barbie and Ken who are created to amuse the Lord. We are family, and may be unified if we write the law on our hearts. I don't believe we can ever achieve devekut as long as we believe Hashem is something 'other' than we are.

BS'D

Shalom,

It not weither I agree or not agree with Leet, it just the nature of the works.

On topics like this, it's just best to agree to disagree, becuase I am no postion to tell people how they relate to G-d is false. It's one thing to defend a postion when the topic is Hebrew cannon, it's another to attack someone's personal experinces.

Good luck on your Derech HaShem

Shalom Rabbi,

I am a person who believes in the Trinity but I also count myself as a Monotheist. I saw in one of your posts that the "Y" word is an incorrect word for G-d. I also know your stand on "Jeh-vah" I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving the correct names for G-d. Up till now I considered the "Y" word as the correct word for G-d. Anyway, if you have time I would enjoy your answer.

Your Friend

Jon