Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
John Dehlin/Mormonstories made this assertion here:
With that, a few questions came to mind.
1) What has Daniel Peterson and Lou Midgley said or written that some have found to be so harmful or offensive?
2) Why do certain critics of Mormonism seem to get to say whatever they want? If increasing the quality or respectfulness of the discourse is the desired outcome, shouldn't it come from both sides? Because I see more accusatory tones/uncharitableness/un-Christlike tactics coming from the critics than the other way around.
3) By saying that apologetics destroys faith or is un-Christlike, is this simply a tactic to silence or intimidate or attempt to make irrelevant your ideological opponents?
3) Has your experience with apologetics matched John's description above? Has the Maxwell Institute and FAIR been helpful or harmful to your testimony? What does the Maxwell Institute and FAIR do well, and what could be done to make them better?
4) These questions and inquiries apply to MormonThink, as well.