There is a problem with the tone of Mormon apologetics or at least some Mormon Apologetics. One individual and a band of his thrall are said to be the source of this issue with tone.
1. What is meant by "tone" in an argument?
2. What is the tone of Mormon Apologetics generally and of any apologists in particular?
3. Why is this tone a problem or not a problem?
4. Who is the judge of such things?
5. Is there legitimate and valid room for variations in tone?
6. Are tone critics raising an invalid point - given Jesus' "tone" in his disputations on earth?
7. It is said that we must be nice. Which is to say we must be perceived as being nice. What is the role of niceness in apologetics?
Edited by CASteinman, 30 June 2012 - 07:55 AM.