Seriously No Politics ×

Creator or Creators

LDS4EVER

Jesus was eternally begotten. Jesus was not made like man.

The Bible reveals that the Son of God is a Man and he is True God.

2 Corinthians 5

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

That

2 Corinthians 5

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1Cr 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

God is in Christ as we should be in God. Is this Trinity doctrine?

Paul O

The Firstborn does have preeminence over all others born of God. There is a family in heaven. Later, he was Begotten by the Father through Mary. God is a Person; but what kind of Person is he to you, Johnny? Does he look human or is he just a whirl of light? A beam of energy, perhaps? A wave of electricity?

If I am going to partake of the divine nature I want to partake of all of it! Do you think I

Face it Johnny, the Trinity did nothing. It merely existed for its own selfish self. It sat around in a state of nothingness because there was nothing to act upon. There was no angel, no air, no earth, nothing at all! Is that the God you imagine? Was it in suspended animation or did the clock go tick, tick, tick?

Oh, I forgot

The Son of God has a glorified body which has the apperance of a man.

Yep.

The Son of God is one in being with the Father.

Yep, from a certain point of view.

Man can be glorified and exalted but this does not mean they are the divine nature.

What's the use of being divine if you aren't really divine? It seems rather cheap to me. Read the scriptures, Johnny. God will give me all things - nothing will he hold back. I will sit at his side on his throne and be God, just as he is. That's the greatest gift he can give and he wants to give it to those who accept it.

What is the source of the source?

If you want to understand that you must become a God. Then you will be caught up with the Gods into evelasting burnings - where the flames of glory reveal all things past, present, and future. There is an infinite number of Fathers in which we sprang.

Paul O

Face it Paul, the Mormon God was a mere man ... the God of the Bible is "I AM THAT I AM".

Both statements are true.

Paul O

How can they both be true?

How are using "mere man"?

How are using "I AM THAT I AM"

"I AM WHO AM" reveals that God is the fullness of Being and of every perfection, without origin and without end. All creatures receive all that they are and have from him; but he alone is his very being, and he is of himself everything that he is

Was the Trinity perfect without anyone to love it? If you say that it was perfect then why did it create something if all it needed was itself?

The Mormon God was already loved by an endless number of Gods. He was never alone. Love was universal. That however is not the case with the Trinity God because it was a single entity unto itself and couldn't share love with others.

Paul O

I would certainly agree with Paul Osborne here. The Father, being infinite (as you would propose against the LDS idea of God, which proposal is incorrect incidentally) would obviously, then know an infinite number of Gods. Infinity X infinity = infinity. I also agree with Bro. Osborne that there is no contradiction with God being a man, and God being a God either. I think Jesus has clearly shown this to be the case.

Paul Osborne  writes,

Was the Trinity perfect without anyone to love it?

God is love ... does love need anyone to love it?

If you say that it was perfect then why did it create something if all it needed was itself?

The Trinity created because it was love ... that is what love does.

God is love ... does love need anyone to love it?

And it took eternity for it to figure that out? It sat around forever just loving itself! Apparently your God felt he needed to do something about it. Better late than never.

The Trinity created because it was love ... that is what love does.

Isn

Archived