1. A very close friend asked me how I feel about the cross...she asked because she is a Catholic who coveted to Mormonism and wears a cross her mother gave her as a gift. She asked because others have questioned her wearing it. I told her, "I love it (I grew up Baptist) and that if she wanted too she should wear it..
2. We have an outspoken older member who meets with High Priests and he often talks of how Jesus healed him while in the hospital. Some of my fellow High Priests roil their eyes...of course it could be from repetition.
3. Someone recently questioned why we have a cross on the front door of the Rome Temple.
4. A former Bishop of mine said that "even if the BoM were not true he would follow Joseph Smith". We have not spoken much since I told him he should be following Christ.
5. While teaching a Gospel Essentials" class, I talked about the fact that the atonement being taken place in the garden and on the cross. Hen he tried to correct me, I told him that comment came from the manual written by the Church for that class.
I know some have problems with the cross as a symbol of our faith...WHY?
Sometimes we go too far and belittle what many feel is sacred.
I know Mike Reed and someone else wrote a book about the "Cross and Mormons".
Is it time to be a little less critical about "The Cross"?
Edited by Pa Pa, 29 June 2012 - 04:04 PM.