Seriously No Politics ×

Mormon Polygamy A Non-Issue For The Campaign

Zakuska

He's from that exotic foreign place called Hawaii. ;)

Calmoriah:

I've owned dogs, cats, birds, and fish. I've traveled back and forth across the US taking 4-7 days at a time. NOT ONCE did we put any of them on the top of a car. Nor did we allow them the stick their heads out of the windows while the car was in motion. It is not safe, and the constant buffetting by the wind without let up is cruel.

And I've caught quite a number of fish, AND ATE THEM! Not to mention all those turkeys that I let someone else kill and pluck so I could stuff my face. And how many cows are going to be waiting for me when I die in order to trample me in heaven. You know, the ones I ate? Oh, not to mention that deer I shot last year? Oh. My. Gosh.

Yep, 20 years ago he attached a kennel to the roof and drove 12 hours with the dog in it. It is certainly clear in my mind that you must vote for Obama.

He's from that exotic foreign place called Hawaii. ;)

Calmoriah:

I've owned dogs, cats, birds, and fish. I've traveled back and forth across the US taking 4-7 days at a time. NOT ONCE did we put any of them on the top of a car. Nor did we allow them the stick their heads out of the windows while the car was in motion. It is not safe, and the constant buffetting by the wind without let up is cruel.

Hello TSS...

As I understand it, they made a wind barrier...

GG

GG:

I thought that dogs loved to have the wind in their face. According to the Romney's the kennel was air tight.

TSS...

No kennel is "airtight." Never meant to be... but they can be tight in a secure sense... and dogs do love to have the wind in their face as evidenced by the way they hang their heads out a window, joyful expression on face... but not for longer periods of time at 60 mph, so I think what Romneys did was arrange things so the kennel was sheltered.

Why are we talking about this? Dogs riding in back of pickups are far more apt to be injured than one secured in a kennel behind a wind barrier, whether on top or in the back of a pickup.

GG :):angel:

My favorite line in the campaign so far was this:

David Axelrod showed a picture of the President and first dog in a limo and commented "this is how dog lovers treat their animals".

A Republican wonk upon hearing of Obama's doggie delicacy early in his life retorted "Upon further reflection a chilling photo."

Stargazer:

I have no problem with eating animals, though I don't care for oysters. Kill them quickly and humainly as possible. I didn't say whom you should vote for. That is up to you.

I didn't say that you did! :D

I'm not fond of oysters, either, btw.

And here, enjoy this nice video about a motorcycle-riding dog. Meet "Dog".

Next thing you know, some idiot savant activist is going to try to get a law passed forbidding animals from riding motorcycles.

TSS...

No kennel is "airtight." Never meant to be... but they can be tight in a secure sense... and dogs do love to have the wind in their face as evidenced by the way they hang their heads out a window, joyful expression on face... but not for longer periods of time at 60 mph, so I think what Romneys did was arrange things so the kennel was sheltered.

Why are we talking about this? Dogs riding in back of pickups are far more apt to be injured than one secured in a kennel behind a wind barrier, whether on top or in the back of a pickup.

GG :):angel:

You mean, Kind of like being sheltered behind a windshield of a truck?

http://t.co/MAHOcgpp

GG:

When we go on vacation we leave our animals in the care of people who own attached to the ground kennels. We never ever put them on top of a car or unsecured in a pickup truck.

Well, when I go on vacation, I hire someone (a trusted friend) to come in and stay in my home so my cat doesn't have to go to a strange kennel but can be comfortable and feel secure in his familiar surroundings.

GG -_-:)

Archived