Photo
- - - - -

Help! Anybody Know How To Schedule A Building???

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Kenngo1969

Kenngo1969

God's Favorite Groveling Sycophant

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

:help:

I got a call from someone who wanted to schedule our ward building. Our former building scheduler "released" herself. I've talked to my bishop, who told me to call his first counselor, who was not available, so I called the ward clerk thinking he might know (he did not), then I called the second counselor who said that although they've gone over it, he doesn't remember. Anybody know how to schedule a building on LDS.org?

(Could we maybe talk through it in chat since that's in real time? If you can help me, leave a message here that you'll be in chat, and I'll meet you there! Thanks!

Watch out for Stan!

"Read your Scriptures, strap on a bomb: It's all the same to us!—Kenngo1969, re Tal "The Talibachman" Bachman

"Devils are boring creatures with minds of gritty yuckiness.  They are banal." —The Nehor

#2 calmoriah

calmoriah

Dulce de labris loquuntur, corde vivunt noxio.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

If you can't get an answer here (I did scheduling back when it was all by hand), ask at tech.lds.org (I think they help with this kind of stuff, but there may be a clerk list as well. Another option would be seeing if the stake has a record.
When you climb up a ladder, you...begin at the bottom...ascend step by step, until you arrive at the top...so it is with the principles of the Gospel--you must begin with the first...go on until you learn all the principles of exaltation. But it will be a great while after you have passed through the veil before you will have learned them. It is not all to be comprehended in this world. Joseph Smith
UMW forever!

#3 calmoriah

calmoriah

Dulce de labris loquuntur, corde vivunt noxio.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Maybe this: http://www.lds.org/t...uction?lang=eng

PS: I didn't know they had this up, how cool!

Edited by calmoriah, 21 April 2012 - 07:26 PM.

When you climb up a ladder, you...begin at the bottom...ascend step by step, until you arrive at the top...so it is with the principles of the Gospel--you must begin with the first...go on until you learn all the principles of exaltation. But it will be a great while after you have passed through the veil before you will have learned them. It is not all to be comprehended in this world. Joseph Smith
UMW forever!

#4 Duncan

Duncan

Canadian Jester and Knowledge Navigator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

I have never heard of anyone ver like ever scheduling a building through LDS>org, I schedule our building on a frequent basis and I just call the building scheduler fella, of whom is a reincarnation of a pharisee but that is another matter!

"On a surprising number of occasions as a professor of religion at the Brigham Young University, I had returned missionaries object to something being taught that was new to them by saying, "How can this possibly be true? I have been a member of the Church my whole life, I am returned missionary, and I have never heard this before!" Thus their understanding has become the standard by which the truth of all things is to be measured"

Joseph Fielding McConkie, Between the Lines:Unlocking Scripture with Timeless Principles, 157

#5 Kenngo1969

Kenngo1969

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Maybe this: http://www.lds.org/t...uction?lang=eng

PS: I didn't know they had this up, how cool!

As I understand it, putting an item on the calendar does not schedule it for a specific building, and I actually need to schedule it for a building. Thanks! :)

Watch out for Stan!

"Read your Scriptures, strap on a bomb: It's all the same to us!—Kenngo1969, re Tal "The Talibachman" Bachman

"Devils are boring creatures with minds of gritty yuckiness.  They are banal." —The Nehor

#6 gmormon

gmormon

Separates Water & Dry Land

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Contact the Facilities Bishop for the biulding you want to schedule. There is usually one Bishop whom is assigned to manage the biulding and he usually assigns a member of his ward as the biulding coordinator fo all the units that meet in that biulding. If all else fails contact the Executive Secretary for your ward he probably knows and/or the Stake Executive Secretary either one should know who the biulding coordinators aree.
"... men have come to speak of the revelation as somewhat long ago given and done, as if God were dead.... I look for the hour when that supreme Beauty which ravished the souls of those Eastern men, and chiefly of those Hebrews, and through their lips spoke oracles to all time, shall speak in the West also."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"We cannot condone a separation of our religious beliefs from our daily living. Righteousness must prevail in our lives and in our homes."â??Spencer W. Kimball (Ensign, May 1979, p. 7.)

"A father can do no greater thing for his children than to let them feel that he loves their mother."â??David O. McKay (Quoted by Gordon B. Hinckley, CR, April 1971, p. 82.)

#7 Kenngo1969

Kenngo1969

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

I have never heard of anyone ver like ever scheduling a building through LDS>org, I schedule our building on a frequent basis and I just call the building scheduler fella, of whom is a reincarnation of a pharisee but that is another matter!

I have faith that it can be done through LDS.org. Other people have testified to me that it can be done through LDS.org (they've actually done so), and in fact, that's why our building scheduler released herself ... because she got frustrated with people failing to go through her. :( I referred the lady who called me to our first counselor, and I made it clear to him that if someone wants to walk me through the scheduling process so I can do it without bothering anyone else, I'm extremely peachy with that. :)

Watch out for Stan!

#8 Kenngo1969

Kenngo1969

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Contact the Facilities Bishop for the biulding you want to schedule. There is usually one Bishop whom is assigned to manage the biulding and he usually assigns a member of his ward as the biulding coordinator fo all the units that meet in that biulding. If all else fails contact the Executive Secretary for your ward he probably knows and/or the Stake Executive Secretary either one should know who the biulding coordinators aree.

I'm the executive secretary of the facility's bishop, and we had a building coordinator ... until she released herself. :( Thanks!

Watch out for Stan!

#9 Bob Crockett

Bob Crockett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

You are the coordinator. Get the calendar from the sister who quit

#10 gmormon

gmormon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

I'm the executive secretary of the facility's bishop, and we had a building coordinator ... until she released herself. :sad: Thanks!

I agree with Bob here. You win by default until your Bishop calls a new one. :sorry:
"... men have come to speak of the revelation as somewhat long ago given and done, as if God were dead.... I look for the hour when that supreme Beauty which ravished the souls of those Eastern men, and chiefly of those Hebrews, and through their lips spoke oracles to all time, shall speak in the West also."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"We cannot condone a separation of our religious beliefs from our daily living. Righteousness must prevail in our lives and in our homes."â??Spencer W. Kimball (Ensign, May 1979, p. 7.)

"A father can do no greater thing for his children than to let them feel that he loves their mother."â??David O. McKay (Quoted by Gordon B. Hinckley, CR, April 1971, p. 82.)

#11 Kenngo1969

Kenngo1969

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

OK. :)

Watch out for Stan!

#12 Bernard Gui

Bernard Gui

Fears No Kimchee

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

...I just call the building scheduler fella, of whom is a reincarnation of a pharisee but that is another matter!

Is that a job requirement or do we just live in the same stake?

Bernard
 "I can't undertake to explain Brigham Young to your Atlantic citizens, or expect you to put him at his value. Your great men Eastward are to me like your ivory and pearl-handled table knives, balanced handles, more shiny than the inside of my watch case; but, with only edge enough to slice bread and cheese or help spoon victuals, and all alike by the dozen one with another. Brigham is the article that sells out West with us -- between a Roman cutlass and a beef butcher knife, the thing to cut up a deer or cut down an enemy, and that will save your life or carve your dinner every bit as well, though the handpiece is buck horn and the case a hogskin hanging in the breech of your pantaloons. You, that judge men by the handle and sheath, how can I make you know a good BLADE?" Jedediah M. Grant

#13 mfbukowski

mfbukowski

Wittgensteinian Pot-Stirrer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,487 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

I'm the executive secretary of the facility's bishop, and we had a building coordinator ... until she released herself. :sad: Thanks!

You gotta call whoever is over the building. If only one ward meets there, the bishop is a good guess. If more than one ward meets there, it would be the stake pres.

Some wards use the lds.org calendar some don't. If you are in charge- you are in charge.

All previous alleged schedules are now null and void and it is up to you to set it up the way you want to. If she abandoned her position there is not much more you can do.

You gotta pick up the flag and keep marching! Good luck!!

Make a call to whoever writes your ward program(s) and tell them to announce it in sacrament tomorrow- you are now in charge. Presumably you will be sustained and set apart tomorrow anyway if you are really "in charge".

If not, it's a temporary assignment- but you are still just as in charge, but for a shorter term

Edited by mfbukowski, 21 April 2012 - 09:29 PM.

"I see Religion as creating a language to speak of the divine and sacred. Since I see creating this language as a creative act, ... creating a certain view of heaven and earth, a living 'image' of God and Man and their story, past, present and future." - Calmoriah

My Blog: Theomorphic Man http://theomorphicman.blogspot.com/

#14 Kenngo1969

Kenngo1969

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

You gotta call whoever is over the building. If only one ward meets there, the bishop is a good guess. If more than one ward meets there, it would be the stake pres.

Some wards use the lds.org calendar some don't. If you are in charge- you are in charge.

All previous alleged schedules are now null and void and it is up to you to set it up the way you want to. If she abandoned her position there is not much more you can do.

You gotta pick up the flag and keep marching! Good luck!!

Make a call to whoever writes your ward program(s) and tell them to announce it in sacrament tomorrow- you are now in charge. Presumably you will be sustained and set apart tomorrow anyway if you are really "in charge".

If not, it's a temporary assignment- but you are still just as in charge, but for a shorter term

You all are now under my control-l-l-l!!!! Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! ;)

Watch out for Stan!

#15 mfbukowski

mfbukowski

Wittgensteinian Pot-Stirrer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,487 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

You all are now under my control-l-l-l!!!! Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! ;)

Seriously.

We get thrown into these things sometimes and it's sink or swim. Somebody's got to do it! You either step up or you do what the other person did!
"I see Religion as creating a language to speak of the divine and sacred. Since I see creating this language as a creative act, ... creating a certain view of heaven and earth, a living 'image' of God and Man and their story, past, present and future." - Calmoriah

My Blog: Theomorphic Man http://theomorphicman.blogspot.com/

#16 cinepro

cinepro

It's pronounced "cinepro"

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,400 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

My wife was a building coordinator for a while, and it was a difficult, thankless job. People just couldn't understand why the building (or softball diamond) wasn't always immediately available to them, or why if they showed up at 6:30 and a room wasn't being used, they couldn't get priority over the person who scheduled it for 7pm (i.e. first come, first served). Google calendar ended up being immensely helpful.

Edited by cinepro, 22 April 2012 - 09:34 AM.

The LDS Stake Medium Council Blog

In spite of the world's arguments against the historicity of the Flood, and despite the supposed lack of geologic evidence, we Latter-day Saints believe that Noah was an actual man, a prophet of God, who preached repentance and raised a voice of warning, built an ark, gathered his family and a host of animals onto the ark, and floated safely away as waters covered the entire earth. We are assured that these events actually occurred by the multiple testimonies of God's prophets.

The Flood and the Tower of Babel, by Donald W. Parry, assistant professor of Hebrew at BYU, Ensign, Jan 1998, 35

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users