Seriously No Politics ×

That Was Wrong

One of the moderators here is out of line. Banning people from topics because they say something you do not like or have an opinion you don't agree with is extreme and does not make for open dialogue. I did nothing wrong, and now comments can be made without me defending what I have to say.

Someone has a happy trigger finger and I noticed it is more focused on me than others who have made very opinionated comments.

JMS

Sorry, friend, the guidelines explicitly tell us not to question mod decisions. There are many of us here who have been banned from topics for the same kind of "infraction". It does no good to complain about it.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

Wow, that attitude is a lot like Obama. He doesn't like his healthcare being criticized. Is that how you feel Doc? That any counter opinion to yours is simply crying?

Edit: Since you came to your senses, and edited the comment that inspired my post, it is only right that I edit this post to remove the picture.

Not sure what inspired the above bizarre political tirade though.

Edited by Doctor Steuss

Doctor steuss = :lol:

js, there's just no way to publically complain about the mods without making yourself look bad. The mods aren't perfect and they make mistakes sometimes but that's just the nature of the beast. Best to keep issues with mods private or just let them go.

Edit: Since you came to your senses, and edited the comment that inspired my post, it is only right that I edit this post to remove the picture.

Not sure what inspired the above bizarre political tirade though.

Because I don't understand people like you that consider daring to disagree a form of whining. If the government put up a law you think violates your rights, and you stand up against it, is that whining? Or is that letting people know you disagree with the law?

JMS

Doctor steuss = :lol:

js, there's just no way to publically complain about the mods without making yourself look bad. The mods aren't perfect and they make mistakes sometimes but that's just the nature of the beast. Best to keep issues with mods private or just let them go.

How am I making myself look bad? I was voicing my opinion and some anonymous mod jumped in and banned me because they disagree with my opinion. That ISN'T moderation, that's censorship. Big difference.

And this board should have a method for people to post their grievances when there is a possibility some rouge moderator did something wrong.

JMS

Because I don't understand people like you that consider daring to disagree a form of whining. If the government put up a law you think violates your rights, and you stand up against it, is that whining? Or is that letting people know you disagree with the law?

JMS

I wouldn’t worry about not being able to understand "people like me." That’s one of the wonders of being individuals. It’s ok that not everyone is like you. Promise.

Still not sure where the bizarre political tirade is coming from though, or why it's continuing.

JMS,

You are not going to win a public argument with the mods, you best course of action is to ask for clarification by using the contact us link, even that probably won't give you vindication. Unless you have the ear of a sympathetic mod you will most likely have to let it go. FWIW I don't believe your post warrented banishment.

How am I making myself look bad? I was voicing my opinion and some anonymous mod jumped in and banned me because they disagree with my opinion. That ISN'T moderation, that's censorship. Big difference.

And this board should have a method for people to post their grievances when there is a possibility some rouge moderator did something wrong.

JMS

It really doesn't matter if you think it's justified (or even if it actually is), you just can't do this and NOT look bitter and whiney. :pardon:

It really doesn't matter if you think it's justified (or even if it actually is), you just can't do this and NOT look bitter and whiney. :pardon:

To some you come off as a brown-noser. I am sure we all look different in different eyes.

JMS