Seriously No Politics ×

The Gael/Papyri Relationship

This is not a fact. It is a demonstrably false conjecture. As the ultimate authority of what I would or would not have done, and having since read Rhodes and Ritner, I have not changed my position. Rather, I have solidified it.

So wade states that he would have maintained his erroneous position even if he had previously read scholarship stating the contrary.

With these kinds of unwittingly self-destructive comments being unleashed from wade's mind, all I can say at this point is that I'd like to yield the remainder of my time to my opponent.

Not that any of this matters since, as Bill wisely surmised, there is no point in trying to engage Kevin in a reasoned discussion.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

It is rather amusing that Kevin misunderstands what my real position is, but insists that his misunderstanding is what I secretly meant all along, even after I have explain what I really meant, which when my actual position makes perfect sense, while Kevin's fantasy version of my supposed version is just silly. It is beyond bizarre. As far as I can tell, everyone else except Kevin agrees with my actual and only position--there are very few scholarly studies of the GAEL. Then Kevin goes on and on and on ranting about his fantasy of my position.

Edited by Bill Hamblin

As far as I can tell, everyone else except Kevin agrees with my actual and only position--there are very few scholarly studies of the GAEL. Then Kevin goes on and on and on ranting about his fantasy of my position.

Okay, we got it that there are very few scholarly studies of the GAEL. Now, do you have anything substantive to add about the relationship of the GAEL to the papyri, particularly anything that contradicts what Kevin and George said above?

Okay, we got it that there are very few scholarly studies of the GAEL. Now, do you have anything substantive to add about the relationship of the GAEL to the papyri, particularly anything that contradicts what Kevin and George said above?

That is, everyone but Kevin has got it.

I don't have a legible, high res copy of the GAEL or KEP in general, so I'm in no position to study or make pronouncements on it.

It also doesn't interest me very much--there are lots more interesting things in the universe.

So wade states that he would have maintained his erroneous position even if he had previously read scholarship stating the contrary.

No. Wade states that he would maintain his perfectly reasonable, and more viable position even though it differs from past scholarship. He is willing to do so because that is how progress in scholarship works--not that Kevin would know.

With these kinds of unwittingly self-destructive comments being unleashed from wade's mind, all I can say at this point is that I'd like to yield the remainder of my time to my opponent.

Given that, as just demonstrated, with most every swipe you take at your opponents tends to miss and smack you upside your head--not that you would ever feel it, your yielding is the one smart thing you could do for yourself, if not also for this thread.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

It is rather amusing that Kevin misunderstands what my real position is, but insists that his misunderstanding is what I secretly meant all along, even after I have explain what I really meant, which when my actual position makes perfect sense, while Kevin's fantasy version of my supposed version is just silly. It is beyond bizarre. As far as I can tell, everyone else except Kevin agrees with my actual and only position--there are very few scholarly studies of the GAEL. Then Kevin goes on and on and on ranting about his fantasy of my position.

To be honest, I think Kevin has ramped up the nonsense in order to get the thread closed down since I suspect even he can see how repeatedly embarrassing it has been for him. Intelligent people have stopped buying his delusional victory dances, and so having the thread closed might be a somewhat face-saving way (to his mind) to put this all behind him, so he can move on to dusting off yet another ancient debate in failed hope of reliving his supposed glory days when too few people knew enough to realize he was full of decomposed air. In fact, given his link above, it has already begun.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Successive posts from everyone analyzing each other instead of the topic is what got this thread shut down.