altersteve

Last Movie You Watched

A very remarkable video;  

Edited by cdowis

I have a large film library, and it is fun to decide what I want to watch... last night I chose an oldie titled "Broken Trail" starring Robert Duvall (one of my favorite actors)... this is the story of Duvall and his nephew (Thomas Haden Church) starting a trail drive of horses from Oregon to Wyoming... along the way they come across a human trafficker with 5 oriental girls who had been sold into slavery in San Francisco by their families... to be taken to the gold fields for prostitution... they end up killing the trafficker and rescuing the girls (who do not speak English)... they stop in a small town to try and find authorities to take the girls... but no sheriff, no mayor, etc... everyone just live and let live... (they managed to rescue a prostitute, and a Chinese man who was able to act as interpretor ) so they and the girls stayed with them on the drive...  This is one of the most beautifully filmed movies I've seen... shot mostly in Canada... the backdrop of the scenery/mountains with the story and the herd of approx 500 horses was exquisite... lots of action on the journey... good story... I encourage people to find this film and rent it as it is a real beauty...  (Netflicks?)

A few days ago I watched another Robert Duvall western titled "Open Range"... Co-starring Kevin Costner... another beautifully filmed movie with an excellent story... Duvall said he considered these two films, plus "Lonesome Dove" to be a trilogy of westerns he considers to be some of his finest work... I do too...

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

Incredible 2 on Netflix.

I want a whole movie with Jack-Jack and Auntie Edna.

• Like 1

We saw Miss Bala this weekend. It’s a solidly entertaining movie, no sex (though there are sexual themes a few times) and not much swearing (typically PG-13 stuff). 

It’s about a Mexican American who gets kidnapped by a drug cartel and then equally used by the DEA, and has to basically save herself and her friend because all the men around her are too busy exploiting her for their own benefit. 

I saw Glass. If you like Unbreakable and Split, you will, most likely like this one too. 

2 hours ago, bsjkki said:

I saw Glass. If you like Unbreakable and Split, you will, most likely like this one too. 

Rented both Unbreakable and Split so that I could gear up for Glass soon. I see how they all tie in. Glad I didn't just see Glass alone now.

1 minute ago, Tacenda said:

Rented both Unbreakable and Split so that I could gear up for Glass soon. I see how they all tie in. Glad I didn't just see Glass alone now.

Glass should not be watched if you haven’t seen the other two. Did you like it?

2 hours ago, bsjkki said:

I liked Split fine but the only thing I remember about Unbreakable is that it was boring. 

Did you like Glass?

44 minutes ago, bluebell said:

I liked Split fine but the only thing I remember about Unbreakable is that it was boring. 

Did you like Glass?

I remembered disliking Unbreakable the first time I saw it but rewatched and enjoyed it more the 2nd time. I did enjoy Glass. It was different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bsjkki said:

Glass should not be watched if you haven’t seen the other two. Did you like it?

I'm going tomorrow. But so glad I watched the first two now.

8 hours ago, bsjkki said:

I remembered disliking Unbreakable the first time I saw it but rewatched and enjoyed it more the 2nd time. I did enjoy Glass. It was different.

That's why I normally really like M. Night Whatshisname movies-they are different!  I'll give Glass a try.

10 hours ago, bsjkki said:

Unbreakable starts off the series because without it, you wouldn't get the man that was very breakable, or like "glass"! ;) 

Bruce Willis is in all three movies. But if you didn't watch Split to the very end, you might miss him. My husband did, and my friends who told me that no-one that is is Unbreakable is in Split. Bruce being in Split is pivotol to the whole series.

I just watched the most heart warming and touching movie on Netflix called The Fundamentals of Caring". I had been skipping it several times and glad I finally played it!! When a movie touches me to tears, it's a good one! 

Another good one I watched the other day on Netflix was "Before We Go". 

Edited by Tacenda