• Announcements

• Nemesis

Contact Us Broken   09/27/2016

Users, It has come to our attention that the contact us feature on the site is broken.  Please do not use this feature to contact board admins.  Please go through normal channels.  If you are ignored there then assume your request was denied. Also if you try to email us that email address is pretty much ignored.  Also don't contact us to complain, ask for favors, donations, or any other thing that you may think would annoy us.  Nemesis
altersteve

Last Movie You Watched

2,485 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2017 at 2:12 PM, hagoth7 said:

In the last week or so:

arrivalposter.jpg

How was Arrival?

Edited by bluebell

I watched Masterminds and 50/50 this weekend.  Mastermind is a new movie rental.  It's the true story about the guy who stole the most money ever on US soil and it's a comedy.  It's pretty funny in places, and also pretty stupid in places, but solidly entertaining.

50/50 came out a couple of years ago and is originally rated R for strong language, but i saw the edited version on T.V.  It's about a guy in his 20s who is diagnosed with cancer and has a 50/50 chance of survival.  It's a really good movie that's both funny, poignant, and sad.  It has a lot of well-known young actors in it.

"Lion", true story of a young boy who became lost for 25 years. I don't want to give too much away, but I'm sure more is told anyway, in previews. Amazing film, go see it!!

3 hours ago, Tacenda said:

"Lion", true story of a young boy who became lost for 25 years. I don't want to give too much away, but I'm sure more is told anyway, in previews. Amazing film, go see it!!

I agree, Tacenda.  Saw it Valentines Day, and it brought me to tears.  Bitter sweet.

On 02/11/2017 at 7:41 PM, bluebell said:

How was Arrival?

Beyond impressive. Highly recommended.

4 hours ago, hagoth7 said:

Beyond impressive. Highly recommended.

I didn't care for it for some reason. It was entertaining, but it left me waiting for more.

On 2/11/2017 at 7:41 PM, bluebell said:

How was Arrival?

I liked Arrival. It's a story based movie...a slow burn where it all comes together in the end. 

On 02/17/2017 at 9:12 AM, Tacenda said:

I didn't care for it for some reason. It was entertaining, but it left me waiting for more.

I would agree it could be improved upon. (As could almost anything.) The nonlinear approach to time did make it a bit of a challenge to follow at times. Which is why I hope to watch it again soon.

I've talked to people that hated Arrival (thought it was boring and too preachy) and then some who have really liked it.  I keep trying to decide if it's worth paying money to see and these reviews are not helpful. :D 

I saw La La Land at the request of Ms. Buckeye. Alas, I liked it a lot and she only lukewarm. 

I also highly recommend Philomena.