Seriously No Politics ×

Last Movie You Watched

altersteve

I'm a HUGE fan of the Muppets. I actually have a Kermit tie that I think I'm going to wear to church tomorrow now, because it's frickin' awesome.

Powerful movie if it can influence your church attire...lol :rofl: so fun!

I just got back from the theater. My wife and I went and saw 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.' It got mixed reviews, but we loved it. A lot. it was one of those movies that you have to sit there and process for a while before you can understand it all. Highly recommend it.

I just got back from the theater. My wife and I went and saw 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.' It got mixed reviews, but we loved it. A lot. it was one of those movies that you have to sit there and process for a while before you can understand it all. Highly recommend it.

What was the movie about?

It's about a kid who loses his father on 9/11, and how he deals with that. It's a VERY emotional movie from what I've heard.

Thanks altersteve. I don't have cable so I rely on word of mouth to hear about movies. I miss the movie trailers but this is also a fun way to peek interest in old and new movies.

Anytime!

I'm probably going to see The Woman in Black on a date next week. I've heard it's pretty scary, which is great. :D

What's that about? what is it rated? I scream out loud when it is too scary.

What's that about? what is it rated? I scream out loud when it is too scary.

It's rated PG-13. All I know is that it's about a guy and his son who move to a house that turns out to be haunted. And it stars Daniel Radcliffe, so I'm sure I'll be wanting to make Harry Potter jokes the entire time. I'll resist the urge to yell "EXPECTO PATRONUM!" from the back of the theater.

Edited by altersteve

I, too, just got back from the theatre... today I decided to treat myself, and I wanted to see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

There are only two or three movies a year that are worth seeing IMO... and this is certainly one of them. The main characters are played by Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock, and an incredibly good young actor whose name I don't know... just that he did a fantastic job as a boy who lost his father in 9/11. Toward the end there are some wonderful twists to the story...

When the film ended, the audience just sort of sat in silence for a few minutes before they started getting up to leave. As did I. :cray:

This is a STORY... there's not a lot of action... no blood... no crashing cars... no violence (except for the heartache of the backdrop of 9/11). It is the story of a family that carries the film.

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

I went to see Real Steel expecting a typical smash 'em up guy flick. I was pleasantly surprised by the Father/Son bonding story line. Its worth the $1 rental.

There are sooooo many great films I'd like to see but we have to wait until they hit the dollar theatre for budget reasons.

I see a lot of movies at home and a few in the theaters. The latest Muppet movie caught me by surprise - I liked it better than the other Muppet movies. I loved Cowboys and Aliens, and after seeing the Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol movie, I'm thinking I have to netflix the first MI movies even though I can't stand Tom Cruise.

The most recent movie I saw was a library copy of Groundhog Day with Bill Murray which I like to watch once a year on, you guessed it, Feb 2nd. I love that movie. It's so funny. And after seeing it for so many years, I like to watch the people in the background as they react to the main action. Too fun.

The only movie that I'm never, ever, ever going to go see is Hunger Games. My kids will have to go see that by themselves. Bleck! I hate the books and I figure I'll hate the movie.

Jane

The most recent movie I saw was a library copy of Groundhog Day with Bill Murray which I like to watch once a year on, you guessed it, Feb 2nd. I love that movie. It's so funny. And after seeing it for so many years, I like to watch the people in the background as they react to the main action. Too fun.

Ned: Phil?

Phil: Ned?

[Punches Ned in the face]

:lol:

... Jane

Sister Jane!!! Long time no hear from! :friends: You should decloak from lurk mode more often! :D

P.S.: Oh ... and in response to the OP, I watched Forrest Gump for at least the 20th time a few days ago. It is for me what Groundhog Day is for TJane. It never gets old. The answers to all of life's most pressing questions can be found in Forrest Gump.

Edited by Kenngo1969

Saw Man on a Ledge last night. MUCH better than I thought it was going to be. Not quite as much action as I expected, though. Still, I recommend it. Solid acting and a very intriguing premise.

I'd write a more detailed review, but I'm kind of busy at the moment. I'll wrote more later.

I forgot about this (No, the movie wasn't so bad as to be forgettable.) I rather liked it, in fact. I saw it in the theater Friday.

The kids got Abduction from Netflix and let us watch it. Really dumb!!! Could have been a fine thriller but too much Taylor Lautner posing and looking 'manly'. Really sorry we wasted that 2 hours. MW

What an absolutely terrible movie LOL.

Just returned from seeing Chronicle in theaters. I liked it. I really felt for the antagonist of the story.

Saw this tonight as well. Probably my favorite movie I've seen this year. I look forward to watching it again.

Also, a few friends and I might take some dates to see The Vow on Valentine's Day, but we're probably going to surprise them by taking them to The Woman in Black instead (mostly because The Vow will probably be sold out, LOL). :D

Edited by altersteve

I want to see "Iron Lady", but probably wait until it comes out on DVD.

I just watched "Tuesday's With Morrie". It was good....made me cry.