Seriously No Politics ×

Last Movie You Watched

altersteve

I've watched well over a 1,000 recent movies and TV show episodes over the last 2 years, drowning my sorrows.

Several have been good, but one I most remember as touching me was the movie

"Hachiko"

A truly heartfelt movie.

My 5 year old and 9 year old daughters loved dogs, so I got that movie for them. I turned it on and came back into the room an hour later and they were just bawling. I've never seen such huge tears running down their cheeks. I sat down and watched the end of the movie, and darned if I wasn't crying with them after five minutes.

As one person said on IMDB: "YOU WILL CRY!"

• 3 months later...

Just watched The Grey last night. It's an action/thriller (maybe a horror?) starring Liam Neeson about a group of oil drillers in Alaska whose plane crashes in the middle of nowhere. They're forced to survive against the cold and a pack of wolves that attack them. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be, to be honest. Lots of violent, bloody, and scary wolf attacks and very intense jumpy moments, as well as a lot of language, but I guess all of that is to be expected in a movie like this. It's rated R for those reasons. The plane crash sequence in particular is VERY intense and pretty scary.

I was surprised to find that it's actually very deep and meaningful, with some cool philosophical underpinnings about the meaning of life and all that. Pretty good movie. If you do watch it, sit through the credits for one last scene.

Over the last few weeks I've also seen Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, and War Horse. All of them are PG-13 and I recommend them. I plan on seeing either Man on a Ledge, Red Tails, or Underworld: Awakening tomorrow, but I'm not sure which. Also looking forward to Chronicle this Friday.

Again, I work at a movie theater and I get to see movies there for free, so I see lots of movies in my spare time. :D

Oh, and also: I watched Forrest Gump for about the fifth time last week. Still just as amazing as ever. One of my all-time favorites.

Edited by altersteve

After sitting on it for several months (too long) I finally watched Avatar again. Oh how I love that movie.

Next up: a continuation of the Batman marathon. So far my friend and I have seen Batman: The Movie (with Adam West), Batman, Batman Returns, and Batman Forever. Not sure if we'll watch the next one or just skip straight to Batman Begins.

Are you as excited for The Dark Knight Rises as I am? :D

As you can tell by my avatar, I'm a huge Batman fan. I think my favorite superhero is Spider-Man, though.

Edited by altersteve

Are you as excited for The Dark Knight Rises as I am? :D

As you can tell by my avatar, I'm a huge Batman fan. I think my favorite superhero is Spider-Man, though.

You better believe it. Can't wait to see Catwoman on the big screen at last. I wasn't old enough to see Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman in Batman Returns, and I never liked her costume anyways. But if Anne Hathaway's is like the Catwoman outfit in Batman: Arkham City I'm sold.

Last movie I saw was the new Underworld vampire flick. I watched it with my wife in IMAX 3D.

First movie I have seen in such a manner. Lots of action, the lead was a cutie, the effects were really good, the plot wasn't the best.. but I tend to suspend disbeleif since it's a vampire flick anyways.

All in all, it was fun.

You better believe it. Can't wait to see Catwoman on the big screen at last. I wasn't old enough to see Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman in Batman Returns, and I never liked her costume anyways. But if Anne Hathaway's is like the Catwoman outfit in Batman: Arkham City I'm sold.

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman??? Yikes, that is like Colin Ferrell as Alexander. I hope they don't cast Antonio Banderas in the Don Knotts Story! I saw the other day "Man on a Ledge"-not bad, not great but okay

I asked a friend if they wanted to see a movie and I let him pick. I am mid 20s, he's closer to 30.

He picked Beauty and the Beast (3D).

I had seen the movie before as a youngster, of course, and I remember it being unbearable. I questioned the choice until we walked into a theater filled with 20 something year old females. In the end I did enjoy the movie.

... Oh, and also: I watched Forrest Gump for about the fifth time last week. Still just as amazing as ever. One of my all-time favorites.

Ditto, although I've watched Forrest Gump at least a dozen more times than you have. :)

Mama always said, lahf is lahk a box a choclits. Ya never know what yer gonna git. ;)

Absolutely. I'm more excited to see Tom Hardy as Bane, though. He's amazing in everything he's in.

Ditto, although I've watched Forrest Gump at least a dozen more times than you have. :)

Mama always said, lahf is lahk a box a choclits. Ya never know what yer gonna git. ;)

I love it! :D

Outside of really old movies on TV. The last movie I watched was "Cowboys and Aliens". The Aliens are really bad, no "ET" 's here folks, and the Cowboys are modern stereotypes. Few humans are all bad or all good in the movie. Still a fun romp that teens and adults can enjoy. Rated PG-13.

Edited by thesometimesaint

Just watched the latest Pirates movie last night and watched Taken the night before.

Lat movie I saw in the theater was Sherlock Holmes. Great movie.

I just watched "The Grey" which was about a group of oil-rig workers who were left stranded in the sub-arctic after their plane crashed. The survivors landed in a remote area in Alaska. The survivors faced the extreme cold and were being hunted by a pack of hungry wolves. I should have paid attention to the rating before I saw the movie at my friends recommendation. Pretty gory. The movie really made me wonder if humans in that position would not call on Gods help, if not for the first time in their lives. Many man depicted in the movie seemed to die with out really thinking about what eternity had in store for them should they pass. Interesting. The movie had me wanting to jump through the screen to help them....aahhh but it is just a movie. Not for the faint of heart and especially not for kids to watch.

Saw Man on a Ledge last night. MUCH better than I thought it was going to be. Not quite as much action as I expected, though. Still, I recommend it. Solid acting and a very intriguing premise.

I'd write a more detailed review, but I'm kind of busy at the moment. I'll wrote more later.

Muppets are that good hey? I did not thinke I would like the movie, so I have not watched it yet. After your raving reviews, it is now on my "must see list". I'll have to share my thoughts again after watching it B:)

Muppets are that good hey? I did not thinke I would like the movie, so I have not watched it yet. After your raving reviews, it is now on my "must see list". I'll have to share my thoughts again after watching it B:)

I'm a HUGE fan of the Muppets. I actually have a Kermit tie that I think I'm going to wear to church tomorrow now, because it's frickin' awesome.