Seriously No Politics ×

Provo Temple Ii

Until the 1940's, it appears patrons were paid a small amount for doing Temple work for non-relatives. Members would donate to the fund if they didn't live near a Temple or couldn't do work for their own ancestors, and when someone else with more time than ancestors was able to do the work, they would get $.50 or so.

Keepapitchinin blogged about it a while ago, and even got a picture of a receipt from the SLC Temple:

sltempleticketfront-darker.jpg

Edited by cinepro

It's not a new program, but it doesn't seem to be widely publicized. I know in the Houston Temple most lost-and-found money is donated to the Patron Assistance Fund, and has been for over a year (provided, of course, that the money is a small enough amount that the patron is unlikely to come back for it). So if you've dropped a quarter in the Houston Texas Temple in the last year or so, you've contributed to the PAF.

Edited by Blah

It's not a new program, but it doesn't seem to be widely publicized. I know in the Houston Temple most lost-and-found money is donated to the Patron Assistance Fund, and has been for over a year (provided, of course, that the money is a small enough amount that the patron is unlikely to come back for it). So if you've dropped a quarter in the Houston Texas Temple in the last year or so, you've contributed to the PAF.

My colleague in the cubicle next to me expressed chagrin when the announcement was made yesterday. It seems she has been wanting to do a story on it for a while now but has not been permitted.