Seriously No Politics ×

Women As Saviors

I'm quite sure I remember being taught that our Heavenly Father was the Savior of His earth during His own earthly sojourn (wherever that was.) I don't remember who I learned that from and I'm not sure I believe it, but I do know that there are at least some Latter Day Saints who believe it.

I have never heard of that teaching before-very interesting.

I'm quite sure I remember being taught that our Heavenly Father was the Savior of His earth during His own earthly sojourn (wherever that was.) I don't remember who I learned that from and I'm not sure I believe it, but I do know that there are at least some Latter Day Saints who believe it.

That is not doctrine of the LDS Church.

I actually remember being taught this in seminary when I was in high school. I think it's definitely possible. But since we have no revelation on the subject, it's only speculation right now, and so is almost everything else regarding this topic.

I actually remember being taught this in seminary when I was in high school. I think it's definitely possible. But since we have no revelation on the subject, it's only speculation right now, and so is almost everything else regarding this topic.

I really don't remember if I learned it in Seminary, in religion class at BYU, or in Gospel Doctrine, but it had to be at least 25 years ago. Do you happen to remember the source of the speculation? It never quite rang true in my mind, but I didn't spend a lot of time pondering it either. :)

I believe the Gods can do whatever they deem best in any given situation. If that includes a female savior on another planet, I have no problem with it. There have been female prophets on this one.

I do not believe Jesus is the Savior of the entire universe. How effective would a religion be that requires its followers to believe in, much less follow the example of, a Savior who allegedly lived and died on a planet they''ve never heard of, in a galaxy they can't even see? And what makes this earth so much more special than all the other planets in the universe?

Isn't that basically what we have going on now? As far as I know no one has today lived when Jesus did and today's society is different from his and what makes other planets more special then ours? We have cookies

Isn't that basically what we have going on now? As far as I know no one has today lived when Jesus did and today's society is different from his and what makes other planets more special then ours? We have cookies

If your cookies have chips, can I have some bytes?

I really don't remember if I learned it in Seminary, in religion class at BYU, or in Gospel Doctrine, but it had to be at least 25 years ago. Do you happen to remember the source of the speculation? It never quite rang true in my mind, but I didn't spend a lot of time pondering it either. :)

I can't remember what my seminary teacher said, but I can see how people would come to the conclusion that the Father was once a Savior for His own world based on what Joseph Smith taught in the King Follett discourse:

Jesus said, "As the Father hath power in himself, even so hath the Son power." To do what? Why, what the Father did. The answer is obvious—in a manner to lay down his body and take it up again. Jesus, what are you going to do? To lay down my life as my Father did, and take it up again. If you do not believe it, you do not believe the Bible. The scriptures say it, and I defy all the learning and wisdom, all the combined powers of earth and h*** together, to refute it.
Edited by altersteve