Seriously No Politics ×

John 11:35

Mormon Factor

It would initially seem that Jesus wept because of Mary's lack of faith. Jesus already knew that Lazarus was dead and had already proclaimed that he was not sick unto death but was sick so that God's glory could be shown.

Does anyone have their Jesus the Christ handy?

I actually have been thinking on this idea about God weeping, and will share something of what I am researching along these lines as well.......

The very fact that God weeps in the Pearl of Great Price is simply shocking to most of us. Milton R. Hunter probably expressed it best.

Enoch had the privilege of looking down through the stream of time in a vision. He and God were observing human history in that vision. When the scene came to the period of the time of Noah and they were observing what was taking place during that period, "God wept." Enoch was very much surprised to see that God would weep, and asked: "Why is it that God weeps? Everything is happy in heaven, everything is peaceful there, everybody worships you." In fact Enoch could see no reason why God should weep; but God said:

. . . Behold these thy brethren; they are the workmanship of mine own hands, and I gave unto them their knowledge, in the day I created them; and in the Garden of Eden, gave I unto man his agency.

And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold, they are without affection, and they hate their own blood.

. . . among all the workmanship of mine hands there has not been so great wickedness as among thy brethren. (Conference report., 7:32-33, 36.)

Because God knew the calamity that should come to those people, he wept and declared that the heavens also wept over them. (Conference Report, Afternoon Meeting, April (1952): 123).

This idea has astounded the Christian world. Alfred Edersheim explains that

No, but I do know the Greek word for stupid. :P

I didn't realize that sharing information is plagiarism, especially since it is obviously out there on the net. I cheerfully give credit to Robertson's Word Pictures for the Greek on some points I bring in, and others I research myself. Pulling it off my CD-Rom is very fast and easy to do and makes for fast posting of information. I am not trying to pretend it's my knowledge at all. I am learning Greek and find many of Robertson's ideas interesting, agreeing with some and not with others.

I apologize if it misled you. Not a biggie............

Guest Just Curious

Gee since this post is meant for me...I have no idea what it means but I can surely bet there will be a multitude of posts that are voluminous in nature spinning the most incredibly wild yarns about what it does mean.

I think it was a famous president, hated by us of southern heritage that said it best..

"God must really love the common folk because he made so many of them".... sounds just about right to me.... :P

Archived