Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

William Schryver

The Meaning And Purpose Of The Kirtland Egyptian Papers

It has now been almost nine months since my presentation at the 2010 FAIR Conference. My video slide show of the presentation has had somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500 views since that time. However, for no particular reason, I have never bothered to make available for download the text of the script that accompanies that slide show--something that might be desirable for many people.

So, in the interest of facilitating the understanding of my KEP findings to date, I have now made that script available via a publicly accessible Google document: The Meaning and Purpose of the Kirtland Egyptian Papers - Text

The video slide show is still available for viewing here: The Meaning and Purpose of the Kirtland Egyptian Papers - Video

Are you still planning to publish it somewhere?

The script to the video? :shok:

No, I'm not. I just figured some people would like to be able to print the thing out and read it while viewing the video.

What I will be publishing is a series of articles that expands on what I presented at the FAIR conference--all of which are adapted to a print format rather than a live presentation.

Hello Mr. Shryver,

Is there any truth to the rumor about Shryver bobble-heads coming soon?

If so, how can I get my hands one one?

Thanks and peace,

Ceeboo

It has now been almost nine months since my presentation at the 2010 FAIR Conference. My video slide show of the presentation has had somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500 views since that time. However, for no particular reason, I have never bothered to make available for download the text of the script that accompanies that slide show--something that might be desirable for many people.

So, in the interest of facilitating the understanding of my KEP findings to date, I have now made that script available via a publicly accessible Google document: The Meaning and Purpose of the Kirtland Egyptian Papers - Text

The video slide show is still available for viewing here: The Meaning and Purpose of the Kirtland Egyptian Papers - Video

Enjoyed the Vimeos immensely. Was unable to play your slide-lecture previously, even though I have Windows 7 and Windows Media Player.

It seems to me that Chris Smith's recent piece in the first issue of the The Claremont Journal of Mormon Studies dovetails very well with your own text-critical work, i.e., the use of some sort of "pure language" via an "ideographic cipher and lexicon" makes a lot of sense in explaining the effort to keep confidential certain places and people mentioned within the 1835 D&C.

What's the Reader's Digest version of what the KEP represent?