Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kozaru

All About Mormons

Freud himself is dung. He made no sense and is a nitwit. I'm saying if behavioral therapy and study can tell us why someone does what they do, it can tell us why people practice religious beliefs. being depressed and acting out and practicing religious beliefs are not seperate. They are all behaviors that are chosen by the person. I realize what I'm doing, but I don't know what will happen because of my choices. But then again, that's my whole point. It is impossible to say if any religion is true or not. The last time I told a christian scientist i was not interested could have been, for all we know, my chance at salvation. I don't see that as any different than asking for my name to be removed from LDS membership. But if christianity is the way of the world and I am wrong, I don't feel scared. I help people for a living because I love it and could never work (nor do I understand how others don't) work for a job where they aren't actively involved in helping someone. If LDS theology proves correct, I'll be just fine in the second highest kingdom.

Ryan, I fully understand your reasoning. I see alternatiive explanations for your views, but I'll leave those for another time. Right now I have to go to the institution I really worship - work.

Ryan, I fully understand your reasoning. I see alternatiive explanations for your views, but I'll leave those for another time. Right now I have to go to the institution I really worship - work.

Work, such a necessary evil. However I find that if i don't work as much as i should i start to get really bored. hmm....we're off track yet again, supposed to be a South Park thread.

If the "stone-in-a-hat" image is too wacky for the rank-and-file church members, what about the Urim and Thummim? Can anyone remember an LDS picture or movie ever depicting what the actual Book of Mormon translation process must have looked like?

Don't we still have the Sword of Laban too? Wasn't that the one thing that came out of the stone box that was not taken back by Moroni.

There is no lie of the truth - no coverups needed.

HA! I love to go to a topic and without reading the first posts, go to the last page of posts. It's like the telephone game....see how far off message people can get. That's where new posts should be started. :P

MF

South Park doesn't represent anything politically correct, you can expect much from that show, and I think its that way on purpose for the sake of a cheap laugh.

Bottom line, stop getting your advice and information from cartoon characters.

Don't we still have the Sword of Laban too? Wasn't that the one thing that came out of the stone box that was not taken back by Moroni.

No.

<_<:P No1 has responded to my post....did it suck or was it irrelevant or does everyone not care :unsure:

Did nobody see the end of the episode?

Goodness, you missed out on an excellent lesson.

Yes i talked about it in my post but it seems no1 read it. :P

Yes i talked about it in my post but it seems no1 read it. <_<

I went back and read this post and kind of wish I hadn't.

Thanks though for sifting through the trash for me to find a real gem :P

Yes i talked about it in my post but it seems no1 read it. :P

I apologize, I am an impatient weasel who cannot read the entire thread.

BR

FN

Yes i talked about it in my post but it seems no1 read it. <_<

I went back and read this post and kind of wish I hadn't.

Thanks though for sifting through the trash for me to find a real gem :P

What do you mean? You saying it was a bad post?

In a way yes. You could have sanitized it a little so as not to be so offensive for the easily offended like myself.

But it's all good. Sometimes I say foolish things to get attention. Doesn't always work.

So, who has seen this episode of South Park. What did you think? Was it historically accurate? How does it affect missionary efforts. How does it affect the LDS with doubts?

I thought it was hilarious. And for anyone who gets their information from cartoons...well, best wishes in your search for truth and Daffy Duck.

In a way yes. You could have sanitized it a little so as not to be so offensive for the easily offended like myself.

But it's all good. Sometimes I say foolish things to get attention. Doesn't always work.

Explain please, i wasn't trying to be offensive. Are you a Utah Mormon?

Explain please, i wasn't trying to be offensive.

I realize this. It's just that I am easily offended. I have some preconceived notions about South Park even though I haven't watched the show. Except a few clips here and there. So I get offended a priori by South Park's creaters. I have read reviews of the new movie and it seems pretty raunchy. I also get offended easily at things that mock my cherished beliefs.

Your post was good in that it helped me realize that the South Park guys mock everybody, and that maybe it is alright to laugh at ourselves sometimes. Those guys are just so hilarious if you can get passed the crudeness. You seem to be able to do this and I commend you for it. I don't want to come across as holier-than-thou.

Are you a Utah Mormon?

Yes. I am sure this explains a lot.

I still don't think JS prayed for "yum-yums". Me and a California Mormon laughed hysterically at this together.

Are you a Utah Mormon?

Yes, being a non-utah mormon, it was easy to tell you were a Utah mormon, not necessariy a bad thing just most non-utah mormons think the less raunchy South Park episodes are pretty funny. I myself have turned off a few as just being plain horrible but then again im a liberal non-utah mormon.

Bottom line, stop getting your advice and information from cartoon characters.
We should start a thread on how kids are learning their morality from their cartoon friends.

"And knowing is half the battle!"

I'm still chuckling over the question of whether "South Park" is historically accurate... :P<_<

No it wasn't historically accurate, but it was enough to show me the story of Joseph and his hat and rock.  I had never heard that before and upon reading about it for myself, that was enough for me to leave permanently.

The funny thing is that there is only one original source for the "rock in a hat" story and he was never involved in the process and never told it til over a decade after Joseph was killed. No actual scribe ever told that, in fact a few in talking about it, contradicted it by the way they told of not seeing the plates, etc.

If you think a South Park episode tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, then I feel sorry for you!

Are you a Utah Mormon?

It does. God save us from Utah Mormons!

:P