Seriously No Politics ×

Interacial marriage

inquiringmind

What is the Churches position on interacial marriage?

http://lds.org/ensig...racial+Marriage

http://lds.org/ensig...racial+Marriage

As far as I understand, the Church councils that the cultural differences that can occur should be considered when one is looking for a partner for eternity.

As I understand there is not policy against inter-cultural marriage (I don't use the word interracial because God made 1 race, the human race, mankind is just to ignorant to figure that out yet) but they do recommend that people take into consideration cultural differences when thinking about whom they want to marry for time and eternity/

cultural difference are meaningless from an eternal aspect.

"interracial" couples can be sealed together in the Temple, so there is no ban or silent prohibition on interracial couples.

My ward we have WASPLDS Male married to a FOB Japanese woman. We also have a WASPLDS Male married to a FOB Argentinian woman. In my last ward WASPLDS male married to a "went back to mission" for her Brazilian.

During my seminary years, we read a Black woman's account of joining the Church and marrying a WASPLDS Male.

But as Kimball said a couple does not need to love each other to make a marriage work, they only need to know they are supposed to married and raise a family if the couple are committed to that goal and end, then they will have a successful marriage.

How is someone a WASP Mormon Male?

You know that WASP stands for White Anglo-Saxon PROTESTANT, right?

Moreover, the "W" is unnecessary, since to be Anglo-Saxon is to be of the Caucasion persuasion.

So, the Protestant Anglo Saxon should be called an "Asp," whereas the Mormon Anglo-Saxon should be called an "Asm."

What, however, of the Krautischer or Frog or Dutch or Dane? They aren't Anglo-Saxon, yet get clumphed in with them as though they were Asms (or Asps, as the case may be).

Moreover, the "W" is unnecessary, since to be Anglo-Saxon is to be of the Caucasion persuasion.

So, the Protestant Anglo Saxon should be called an "Asp," whereas the Mormon Anglo-Saxon should be called an "Asm."

What, however, of the Krautischer or Frog or Dutch or Dane? They aren't Anglo-Saxon, yet get clumphed in with them as though they were Asms (or Asps, as the case may be).

Anglo-Saxon does not mean white, all it means is that one is descended from the German people's who invaded and conquered most of Southern England in the 5 and 6th century AD and who's descendants formed the future nation of England.

I do give you that most German and clectic people of that time where white, but far from all.

White is a race, anglo saxon is an ethnicity, the two are not mutually exclusive.

White is a color. Caucasian is a race.

Caucasian is a largish group of nations and peoples. To lump them all together under the "Anglo-Saxon" label is to diss profoundly the Scot, the Irish, the Dane, the Frog, the Bulgar, the Austrian, etc., etc., etc.

A marriage of Pole and Dane is as interesting a mix as that of Xhosa and Boer.

Intermarriage, there must be more of it. Tons more. After a few generations no one will be able to say anything about anyone without talking about themselves.

Yep, interracial marriage is the way to go.

I'm a white guy married to a Korean born woman. It's worked out for us.

firepatch36:

Good for you. :P

Sociological speaking the Caucasian/Oriental have an easier time of cross cultural marriages than that of any other groups. Still not easy but easier.

She was adopted as a baby and raised by a white family, so our cultures are mostly the same; but we're cross racial.

Race, when combined with many other races will also go away as an issue. It will fade into the nothingness it was meant to be.

If "it was meant to be", why does it exist in the first place? Either God invented race as scripture shows and it had a raison d'

I see race as a observation reflecting a time (most of our known history) when humans were sedentary and there was no large movement of individuals between climates and environments. I think the race reflected in "scriptures" was often interplayed with cultures. So the question when looking at the context of the scriptures was whether or not they were discussing "race" or "culture".

As to Brazil. I have lived there. The mixing of races between just two of the races is not nearly as predictive as you may think, nor have they been doing it a very long time. I think more time is needed and I believe the use of race is an artificial measure of "seperating" people, which probably has a more legitimate place in cultural seperation than racial. My hope and faith is indeed that some state in the future will find man being sufficiently advanced in wisdom to discount race and see all as equal brothers and sisters. Chronocentrism perhaps? But if one chose any time period they could legitimately be deemed chronocentristic.

Archived