• Announcements

• Nemesis

Contact Us Broken   09/27/2016

Users, It has come to our attention that the contact us feature on the site is broken.  Please do not use this feature to contact board admins.  Please go through normal channels.  If you are ignored there then assume your request was denied. Also if you try to email us that email address is pretty much ignored.  Also don't contact us to complain, ask for favors, donations, or any other thing that you may think would annoy us.  Nemesis

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christian Mormon

moses called 12 and 70 others

5 posts in this topic

its says in old testiment that moses caled 1 from every tribe so there would be 12

and then called 70 others to teach people.....and i cant find it...please help

the 12 are found in the numbers chapter 1 and the 70 in chapter 11 but together i cannot find. but i hope this helped a bit.

I didn't find a reference to Moses' calling the Seventy, but the Lord told him to bring 'em along here:

1 And he said unto Moses, Come up unto the LORD, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel; and worship ye afar off.

9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: 10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. 11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

And here's the calling of the Twelve:

44 These are those that were numbered, which Moses and Aaron numbered, and the princes of Israel, being twelve men: each one was for the house of his fathers.

Not too late I pray.

Lehi

its says in old testiment that moses caled 1 from every tribe so there would be 12

and then called 70 others to teach people.....and i cant find it...please help

I too have noticed this, to me it acts as further evidence that the LDS is the restored Church of Jesus Christ. It shows to me that Moses was restoring what was lost from the time of Adam/Enoch (as we know from the PoGP) and that Christ restored that same Church in the meridian of time with the Apostles and Seventies he called. This means that the modern Church of Jesus Christ would follow this same pattern that has been used throughout the scriptures.

Why would God stop using the same pattern for his Church that he has been using for the last 6,000 years without failure?