Seriously No Politics ×

Land out of the Sea

BookofMormonLuvr

During the sermon at church yesterday the speaker read some out of Genesis 7 (Inspired Version) well I kept going and came across this verse,which I have never seen before, that intrigued me...

Moses 7:14There also came up a land out of the depth of the sea, and so great was the fear of the enemies of the people of God, that they fled and stood afar off and went upon the land which came up out of the depth of the sea.

Any ideas on what land this would be? I have an idea of what I think it is, but wanted to see yours first.

Thanks!

During the sermon at church yesterday the speaker read some out of Genesis 7 (Inspired Version) well I kept going and came across this verse,which I have never seen before, that intrigued me...

Any ideas on what land this would be? I have an idea of what I think it is, but wanted to see yours first.

Thanks!

Maybe a volcanic island? Which could appear rather quickly (i.e., form and cool within a generation or two). Despite the danger, people have been settling on the flanks of volcanoes for millennia.

Seems contradictory.

They fled and went afar off, but stood on the land they had feared?

Seems contradictory.

They fled and went afar off, but stood on the land they had feared?

I think the fear was of Enoch and the inhabitants of Zion, not the newly formed land mass.

Archived