Seriously No Politics ×

Exorcism in the LDS Church?

ChristKnight

Joseph's experience in the grove:

http://www.epilepsy.com/Epilepsy/seizure_simplepartial

What are they like?

They are remarkably different from person to person, depending on the part of the brain where they begin. The one thing they all have in common is that the person remains alert and can remember what happens. Here are a couple of experiences:

"I almost enjoy them. The feeling of d

ROFL!

Never have I heard such a detailed treatise on the proper fighting of demons!

You're at least a level 19 Satan Slayer.

You really should submit this to the church for publication.

The church's current demon combat guidelines are so outdated.

You know, at least he was willing to share what he truly believes. My suspicion is that this is why most are hesitant to share their experiences, because it all sounds a little crazy. It is telling that the church is not more clear about how to deal with these matters. It seems, that those with the "real" priesthood don't have any better idea how to deal with spirits than other religions.

It seems odd to me that someone could believe in God, the priesthood, miracles, the the Holy Ghost but not believe in the devil, sorcories, magic, possesion or satanic/demonic experiences.

I think that church leaders do not speak much about satanic topics is because talking about experiences with the devil might invite the spirit of the devil into your life. The same way that talking about experiences with God invites the spirit of God into our lives.

James Faust: "It is not good practice to become intrigued by Satan and his mysteries. No good can come from getting close to evil. Like playing with fire, it is too easy to get burned"

http://lds.org/ensign/2007/01/the-forces-that-will-save-us?lang=eng

The devil is real, evil spirits can and do possess mortals. The scriptures make this clear. What about Jesus casting out a legion of devils in Mark 5?

You know, at least he was willing to share what he truly believes. My suspicion is that this is why most are hesitant to share their experiences, because it all sounds a little crazy. It is telling that the church is not more clear about how to deal with these matters. It seems, that those with the "real" priesthood don't have any better idea how to deal with spirits than other religions.

These comments...

DISCLAIMER: The following is only the opinion of a former Mormon.
Anger doesn't work; that seems to be like fighting a fire with gasoline.
Both times that oil was used, the entity was weakened by it.

..makes me think he is pulling our legs.

Seriously,

"Holy oil weakened the entity"

That's great advice - for Calador, my 16th level Paladin.

Stop the mockery or you will be banned from the thread.

Soon wild yarns are spun by the zealous youngsters. Tales of garment-defacing laundromats burning down, legs healed by false-priests re-breaking, the resurrected Christ strolling about the MTC in the wee hours of the night, and, of course, demon-possessed investigators, demon-haunted apartments, and the cautionary tale of foolish elder who entered his MTC dormroom closet and dared to spar with Satan himself.

You nailed every single story I heard on my mission (with slight variations). Well done.

ROFL!

Never have I heard such a detailed treatise on the proper fighting of demons!

You're at least a level 19 Satan Slayer.

You really should submit this to the church for publication.

The church's current demon combat guidelines are so outdated.

..makes me think he is pulling our legs.

Seriously,

"Holy oil weakened the entity"

That's great advice - for Calador, my 16th level Paladin.

Aw come on man, tell me what you really think!

;^)

Actually I am quite serious. I claim that my accounts are truthful, and that my thoughts on what to do are sincere but not infallible. If your mind is made up otherwise, it's unlikely that anything I say is going to change it, and that's okay. I really don't blame you a bit.

Do you really think the church might pubilsh it??? :^o

stYro

Archived