Seriously No Politics ×

Are prayer threads still allowed?

rodheadlee

Are we still allowed prayer threads? I hope so. Tropical Cyclone Wilma is approaching American Samoa and it looks like it will run down Tonga too. We don't need any more devastation. How about a prayer for the folks in cruising boats in the anchorage? They are all nice people and some are elderly, they're here because they can sail no further. Pago Pago is supposed to be a hurricane hole. We'll see. I'm tied to a piece of junk at the city dock so I got a room at a sturdy hotel. I'll be ok, but I'm worried about some of my friends. Our boats are our homes, it's the life we chose. It's beautiful many times but sometimes it's not. I have friends anchored in Tonga too. I don't know why they left so late in the season, I would have (did) stayed here. It's rare Pago Pago takes a big hit.

So, I finally get it. I get why you're supposed to be active in the Church and reach the highest calling possible.

Tonight I was having dinner in the hotel restaurant and the girls that work there are so worried about their kids tonight, some were in tears. They have to be at work when this cyclone is supposed to hit the island. I felt so bad that I am not a Melchizedek Preisthood holder, or even know 2 Elders on the island to call, have them come over and give a comfort blessing to these girls. All I could do is go to my room and pray for them.

There truely is not a worse feeling than standing idly by while somebody you know or care about is suffering. I know that feeling since I am quasi-active in the Church and don't hold priesthood authority.

Thanks for your prayers everyone. It appears TC Wilma is on her way out and I believe all of my loved ones are safe. Winds 50- 60kts gusting to 70kts. I still have to locate one couple that got dragged down on by a large fishing vessel. I hope they're ok. I'll check my home in the morning.